What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Hmmmm, would Starbucks want street level or pedway level? Which on a sidenote I wonder why their pedway mall location in city center east was closed. I would have thought that location would have been really busy.

Starbucks at ECC was on the ground level, not on the pedway level.
Now that Starbucks have freed themselves from incompetent executives, I think there will be a flight back from the suburbs to downtown. Although in some cases it's probably too late (see: Blenz at Jasper/109 St).

Hmmmm, would Starbucks want street level or pedway level? Which on a sidenote I wonder why their pedway mall location in city center east was closed. I would have thought that location would have been really busy.
Here is a concept if that was an issue, occupy a small space upstairs that will vertically abut below to ground level with a spiraling staircase. Glass floor?

I can totally see that. In the food court area. I would love to see main floor retail of course, something open later. But the food court is ready to go and would be easy.

Now that Starbucks have freed themselves from incompetent executives, I think there will be a flight back from the suburbs to downtown. Although in some cases it's probably too late (see: Blenz at Jasper/109 St).
You’ve got to think they will reopen another store in downtown Edmonton. I’m pretty sure the only locations they even have downtown anymore are Commerce Place, 107th and then the one in Save-On (which imo hardly even counts). And maybe the one in Rogers Place near the rink? I can’t recall if that one closed or not.

You’ve got to think they will reopen another store in downtown Edmonton. I’m pretty sure the only locations they even have downtown anymore are Commerce Place, 107th and then the one in Save-On (which imo hardly even counts). And maybe the one in Rogers Place near the rink? I can’t recall if that one closed or not.
I believe the Rogers Place one closed long ago

Lest we forget, the pedway from Stantec also connects to a major hotel, so somewhere near there might be good. I think there is a spot available right across from the second level bank machines.

If Starbucks doesn't take it, I imagine some other coffee place will.

The 'revamped' Starbucks that was open in ECC when the pandemic hit was on the pedway level of ECC East.

Wasn't that their old space before they moved upstairs to the Pedway level?

Yes, they've been in the spot in the mall next to TD's since 2016.

I don't recall them ever moving upstairs before they closed down for good in early 2021.

Yes, they've been in the spot in the mall next to TD's since 2016.

I don't recall them ever moving upstairs before they closed down for good in early 2021.
This is the location I remember, wasn't it on the pedway level? Or am I tripping and it was actually at street level?

2019-02-22.jpeg
2016-06-06.jpeg

Back