News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Haven't been able to make it out but I'm glad things seem to be going well. I wonder how can their profile be further increased around town?

I never got basketball until I had this experience. I cannot wait to take in another game there.
Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 8.28.58 PM.png

I never got basketball until I had this experience. I cannot wait to take in another game there.
View attachment 408052
That's a shot from a Stingers game?? It's beautiful to see such a turnout, and even some TV cameras! Are they streaming or broadcasting the games?

Point being that being so close to the players (be it there or Stingers or wherever) really allowed me to feel the game and see the personalities and how they play a factor in the game. I never loved watching ball until this point and now do.

Point being that being so close to the players (be it there or Stingers or wherever) really allowed me to feel the game and see the personalities and how they play a factor in the game. I never loved watching ball until this point and now do.
Glad to hear that you now enjoy the sport. Basketball is probably one of the most intense and fun games out there. I'd put it on par with hockey, especially in the NBA.

I guess there's a reason the front row of a B-ball game is the top of the heap when it comes to A-list celebrity endorsements of your event... I love the game because its fast-paced and with little stoppage. Baseball and Football are two American past-times they can keep along with the piss-water beer they HAVE to serve to make both of those activities even remotely exciting...

Not exactly Stingers related but Canada beat Venezuela in FIBA qualifying last night at the Flair Airlines Hangar (aka Expo Center Hall D aka The Hive) and in the process officially nailed down a spot in the 2023 FIBA World Cup. Decent crowd (3/4 full) and a number of improvements to the space since I was last there (2019 Car show).
04A77585-8048-4F8C-B757-C95D991D9098.jpeg

Not the Stingers -- but Alberta nonetheless...
Keyano Huskies named gold medal ACAC men's basketball champions
The Huskies' Saturday night victory at the Syncrude Sport and Wellness Centre is their first gold medal win for ACAC Men's Basketball championships.

Author of the article: Vincent McDermott
Published Mar 04, 2024 • 2 minute read