What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Looks like this one got yet another redesign (lower right side)

Century-Park-with-Louvre_Apr02-1920x902.jpg

http://www.centurypark.ca/

Attachments

• Century-Park-with-Louvre_Apr02-1920x902.jpg
    Century-Park-with-Louvre_Apr02-1920x902.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 2,582
Much better, I hope this one gets built. I like that it adds another element to the whole project, although it will look slightly misplaced being the only retro design of this sort.

I would love to see this type of old world design, at about 6 storeys, running down Capital Blvd.

Yahh... I think I'm biased in that I just really want to see some old world architecture brought back and created. But the more I think of it in this context, it just doesn't fit. It needs to be in an already urban area and definitely can't have a half ass job done. Which I don't know if Procura can accomplish.

I believe that design is in place so that when the Queen or any of the Royals visit Edmonton, they will have a place to stay that makes them feel at home. We will know, too, that, if they decide to paint all of the interiors in gold colors, it will also be suitable for a visit from the current U.S. president (or maybe a place for political asylum when the impeachment forces cause him to flee the country).

I bet the conversation between owner and architect went something like this, "I would like to have a city centre that looks like it just 'happened'; I don't want it screaming of planned uniformity." "Okay, Boss," was the reply.

@Daveography, with Pelli Clarke Pelli, Architects steering the project and specifying finishes inside and out, I can't imagine that it will be a slash-and-dash construction effort. I have high hopes for this being quite successful.

1547567144915.png

1547567108522.png1547567124513.png1547567144915.png
  • 400 Suites
  • 1 terraced building (7 – 4 floors)
  • 9,000 + Sq Ft of Retail
  • 2 level underground Parking
  • Enclosed private courtyard
  • Roof top Patio for common use
  • Impressive large library for common use
  • Spectacular Lobby
  • Featured Courtyard
  • State of the Art Fitness Facility
  • 6 High End Appliances
  • Granite Countertops
The Louvre at Century Parking is in the design stage of development and will feature 400 suites, 420 parking stalls, VIP concierge services, and a conference centre, along with more than 9,000 square feet of commercial and medical office space. When completed, the project will also have the potential for an additional fitness centre, spa centre, library and rooftop patio.

The project’s relatively modest design effectively combines upper luxury living units with lower boutique businesses, resulting in a very distinct yet imaginative property. The Louvre at Century Park also enjoys a prime location, just steps away from Century Park LRT station and one of Edmonton’s major retail centres.

http://myoptown.com/

Last edited:

Seems like a really weird flex. Every car in the rendering is a sports car, the use of the terms: Spectacular, impressive, state of the art. I feel like Pro Cura might be reaching for a market that doesn't really exist in Edmonton. This feels like it belongs in London. Actually this project would do great in London. I think it needs some work for our Edmonton market.

Back