What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Last edited:
Another pre-consultation at EDC tentatively scheduled for Feb. 19:

E. UPCOMING APPLICATIONS, CONFLICTS AND REGRETS (February 19, 2019)
Maclab & Pangman at 108 Street and Jasper - Pre-Consultation - Evan Joyes - ParioPlan

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/documents/PDF/EdmontonDesignCommittee_Feb5_2019_Agenda.pdf

(Reminder that pre-consultations are not open to the public.)

I'm told this one will actually be the formal, which would be open to the public if true. Will update when the official agenda is posted.

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning at the northeast corner of Jasper Avenue NW and 108 Street NW.

Date: Wednesday February 20, 2019
Time: 4–6pm

The session provides an opportunity to learn more about the proposed rezoning and share feedback with the City and the applicant. Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to a future Public Hearing for a decision.

https://www.edmonton.ca/residential...east-corner-jasper-avenue-and-108-street.aspx

I work that evening, or I'd definitely attend. Hopefully some of you can go.

Attended EDC presentation. Not much changed from the leaked presentation which I reported on, except:

Added articulation and recesses in retail promenade for visual interest
Widened connector that goes through the podium between 108 Street and the Warehouse park
Cut into the corner retail to create a plaza and better pedestrian flow, with the midrise link building suspended above
Added a bit of a recessed courtyard to 108 St as a nod to El Mirador

Phase I will be entire underground parkade, podium, north tower, and the midrise link building
Phase II will be the south tower

They tried to show a video, but it was too high-res for the equipment in the room, lol. They did manage to show it on one of the project team members' laptops. Very slick. HP has access to some serious rendering software.

I have to say, the updated corner looked fantastic. This might actually be the most interesting residential project in Alberta right now.

I have to agree with you @Daveography it is definitely the most interesting project in Edmonton and I don't know much about Calgary at the moment. I wonder what their construction timeline looks like.

Attended EDC presentation. Not much changed from the leaked presentation which I reported on, except:

Added articulation and recesses in retail promenade for visual interest
Widened connector that goes through the podium between 108 Street and the Warehouse park
Cut into the corner retail to create a plaza and better pedestrian flow, with the midrise link building suspended above
Added a bit of a recessed courtyard to 108 St as a nod to El Mirador

Phase I will be entire underground parkade, podium, north tower, and the midrise link building
Phase II will be the south tower

They tried to show a video, but it was too high-res for the equipment in the room, lol. They did manage to show it on one of the project team members' laptops. Very slick. HP has access to some serious rendering software.

I have to say, the updated corner looked fantastic. This might actually be the most interesting residential project in Alberta right now.

Here's the boards from the open house; hopefully they convey what I mean about the corner and pedestrian realm overall:

174465174466174467174468174469174470174471174472174473174474174475174476174477174478174479

I don't see much in the way of physical changes to the building, just more detail in the rendering -- particularly in the form of interior "uses" along the retail stretch at street level. Very good! ?????

Back