Read the latest news report from this morning - maybe this will answer your questions:

No deadlines - After being a year and a half behind and missing several revised deadlines, they must all be too embarrassed at this point to give anything other than vague dates

VLSE Grand Opening.jpg

I wonder if there are still supply chain or personnel shortages.
I doubt it. I mean, I'm sure there's some supply chain issues still, but nothing to hold this up. When I went for a tour of the line a month or two ago (I posted about it in this thread), they told me that testing and certification of the line is all that's left before it can open. Any actual construction work that's ongoing is just to fix deficiencies; as the staff told me, you don't need to keep the line closed to fix paint chips or repair a broken door. As for personnel, they've had operators and dispatchers on staff for at least a year now. The operators have been doing their training and certifications while waiting and testing, and the dispatchers have been coordinating the construction along the line with any and all testing that occurred up until now. I presume that they're in a similar spot with maintenance crew, but did not ask about them in particular.

i wanna ride this line so bad I might just have to make myself one of these. learning to weld proficiently, designing, and building a railbike would probably take less time than Transed commissioning at this point.
railbike.jpeg
The Global news article says they have 47 intersections total, of which 3 are running, and another couple are almost ready. I have very little faith at this point that this line will open in time for Folk Fest (an ideal time to debut, that was possible with the earlier deadline of July 29).
SIGH.

Lindskoog said the line is now fully integrated, with the train and traffic signals working at various intersections along the alignment. The intersection at 34 Avenue and 66 Street went fully online and active last week, Lindskoog said. Since then, 36A Avenue, 38 Avenue and several pedestrian crosswalks have also gone online.

Lindskoog said there are a total of 47 crossings along the line — both vehicle and pedestrian — where the train interfaces with the public. Five of them are already online, and a couple more will be added within the next few days. Lindskoog said all 47 crossings will be online within two to three weeks.

Lindskoog said the line is now fully integrated, with the train and traffic signals working at various intersections along the alignment. The intersection at 34 Avenue and 66 Street went fully online and active last week, Lindskoog said. Since then, 36A Avenue, 38 Avenue and several pedestrian crosswalks have also gone online.

Lindskoog said there are a total of 47 crossings along the line — both vehicle and pedestrian — where the train interfaces with the public. Five of them are already online, and a couple more will be added within the next few days. Lindskoog said all 47 crossings will be online within two to three weeks.

I don't know if this guy was misquoted by Global or something out of context, but he seems to contradict himself.
In one breathe, the line is fully integrated, in the next, 5 of 47 crossings are online.

To me, that doesn't sound like it's fully integrated yet.

Back