Well it was a day of grounding cables and derails on my way home today. Western Pacific working at Bonnie Doon north of the crossover yet again - something must really be screwed up there as they seem to always be there. Grounding cables and derails at the north end of the elevated guideway into Davies as well. Western Pacific truck on the rails with grounding cables just north of 36A Ave as well - they were messing with one of the boxes at the top of one of the poles - hopefully to fix light timings (hahahah!)

Well it was a day of grounding cables and derails on my way home today. Western Pacific working at Bonnie Doon north of the crossover yet again - something must really be screwed up there as they seem to always be there. Grounding cables and derails at the north end of the elevated guideway into Davies as well. Western Pacific truck on the rails with grounding cables just north of 36A Ave as well - they were messing with one of the boxes at the top of one of the poles - hopefully to fix light timings (hahahah!)
So, back to status quo then.
I guess we'll see next week if/ when testing resumes.

79D13E6D-24BB-4F15-8B4E-7D483EF0DC7A.jpeg
05EE9FBA-1A6A-41FE-B7C1-111AE4B2ABCF.jpeg

ECBEA6A3-89AD-4263-8094-E19A74DD3DD3.jpeg

They’re full tilt on the new Stony Plain Rd bridge.They had just moved the pile rig and crane from the west side of Groat overnight.

(Taken from the passenger seat)

Lots of testing at the Bonnie Doon stop this morning, two different trains in different directions passing by. Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but the trains passing through seemed to really mess with the cycles of the traffic lights. The North/South lights were stuck on green for probably 10 minutes even after the trains went through. Created a massive backlog of traffic going east/west, in morning rush hour.

Lots of testing at the Bonnie Doon stop this morning, two different trains in different directions passing by. Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but the trains passing through seemed to really mess with the cycles of the traffic lights. The North/South lights were stuck on green for probably 10 minutes even after the trains went through. Created a massive backlog of traffic going east/west, in morning rush hour.

I went through on Whyte Ave on the weekend and noticed there was a super long delay before east/west got a green after the trains went through.

From watching the lights it seems like they have a set cycle that happens once a train goes through (at least on 38 Ave, not sure about Whyte). They almost need to have the first part signal change after the train crosses to favor the cross traffic instead of the turning lanes - at least from my observations anyways. If someone doesn't want to wait for the turn light go across the tracks and then turn around and then make a right turn.

Coming back from Strathcona yesterday, the eastbound light on Whyte/83 Street took some time to turn green. Every time a train crosses, the north-south traffic light turns green first.

you’d think there would be some way to stop them from becoming planners and engineers… :)
The other day I saw three cars in a row turn right off Jasper into the bike lane on 106 St. Two just blindly following the first one who wasn't playing close enough attention.

The other day I saw three cars in a row turn right off Jasper into the bike lane on 106 St. Two just blindly following the first one who wasn't playing close enough attention.
which tells me the design and implementation is what's wrong because this is the sort of thing that should be intuitive, not the sort of thing that has to be learned...

and then there's the centre/through lane stop light going eastbound at 125th street where you're supposed to stop for a red light while the curb lane has a green light and oncoming west bound traffic also has a green light...

Back