Just a quick question, how long ago did TransEd claim to have completed pier repairs?

Then why are there so many piers wrapped up? What's going on, even more damage/repairs?

Includes a blurb about scaffolding remaining up for final aesthetic work.
In fact, they had two blurbs one after the other that said the same thing:
"In early January we removed scaffolding from piers near Wagner Road and 98 Avenue. This was to allow lanes to re-open for drivers. You can expect scaffolding to stay in place where it does not affect traffic for the final concrete surface finishing.

Scaffolding may also remain where it is needed to finish the final aesthetic work. The aesthetics are being discussed with our partners at the City and we will share those details as soon as we can."

Includes a blurb about scaffolding remaining up for final aesthetic work.
In fact, they had two blurbs one after the other that said the same thing:
"In early January we removed scaffolding from piers near Wagner Road and 98 Avenue. This was to allow lanes to re-open for drivers. You can expect scaffolding to stay in place where it does not affect traffic for the final concrete surface finishing.

Scaffolding may also remain where it is needed to finish the final aesthetic work. The aesthetics are being discussed with our partners at the City and we will share those details as soon as we can."
The word final sounds encouraging, but their updates remain relatively date free. Nice they "understand" the frustration, yet seem unable or unwilling to tell us when this drawn out saga will end.

Part of the frustration at this point is due to the lack of transparency and poor communication.

A bunch of the piers by Wagner are unwrapped. Really hope they are going to paint the scabbed on bandaids or something. They looks pretty bad IMHO.
PXL_20230212_214850404.jpg

Saw this train coming into MWTC this afternoon at lunch time. I originally thought that red thing on the side was some kind of clearance gauge, but turns out it's just a wire taped up the side that goes to the roof. Almost looks like the used a whole roll of tape on it. I wonder if they have a camera up on the roof to monitor the catenary - Toronto has some of their flexities equipped with cameras on the roof, but I'm not sure that's the ones that are equipped with streetcar poles or pantographs - might have to dig out my photos from there last year as I remember seeing one - hopefully I took a picture.

1676333591249.png

Is it just me or have they placed those no right turn train light up signs in poor locations? For example the one at Bonnie Doon of you are first in line you are either underneath it or even past it when you are at the stop line.

Same as the ones up 66 street - they are on the main traffic lights for the intersection above the curb lane, however they also have a right turn bay so you would have to be looking to the left to see it lit up. To me the light for the right turn bay l should be directly on front of the lane, not either side. Maybe I should grab a picture to better illustrate what I'm talking about.

Back