I wonder what else there is that they're not telling us about that makes it they can't give an opening date.
One of the big items will be an amendment to the agreement regarding all forms of liability in case of a failure of the pier fortifications and loss of train service, passenger injury, etc etc. . In addition will include extended warranty provisions for the line given the pier fortifications. I would think they would have been working on these items for the last many months and until an amending agreement is issued - the City would not take the risk to accept the Work.

Ground heaters moved into 38 Ave station earlier this week. Drove by today and there was two sets of grounding cables installed just north of 38 Ave. An army of pickup trucks in the station tonight with tents on the NB and SB tracks. I suspect it's Western Pacific working on something do with the signaling system.

Also noticed a Western Pacific truck with a boom lift on a rail cart on the tracks doing something with the catenary around the OMF this morning when I headed out. I can't tell if it was at the end of the bar that transitions between the high load lift section and the regular contact wire, or if it was closer to the switches to enter the yard.

Either way I didn't see any trains south of the Whitemud testing today.

Pretty wild how massive this machine is in person. WEM area

64E4178D-6F57-4719-9FFA-92A0A59911F3.jpeg
47FF5589-6ED9-47C9-AC3D-09E571668D5B.jpeg
8D4081C4-2C8A-427A-BA70-9DDDBA2928FA.jpeg
FD260A4C-E7C5-461A-9ECF-39C1B9A5BF74.jpeg

One downside that will have to be rectified: the traffic on 100 Street (and perhaps 101 Street) is held up at rush hour (including buses). I think the trains need to be synchronized a little bit better.

Not much in the way of trains on the way home today. Two car train pulled into Bonnie Doon northbound and waited. There was a single car train holding south of Whyte ave to enter the station northbound as well. Not sure what happened there - things looked to be running pretty smoothly this morning. Those two trains were all I saw on my drive from downtown to millwoods tonight.

I did see more LRT trains out today at Mill Woods and 75 Street at the flyover by Davies Station. I'm guessing the moment of truth will be sometime next week with the release of the Q4 2021 newsletter and possibly the April 2023 Transit Schedule.

I did see more LRT trains out today at Mill Woods and 75 Street at the flyover by Davies Station. I'm guessing the moment of truth will be sometime next week with the release of the Q4 2021 newsletter and possibly the April 2023 Transit Schedule.
I was talking to the guy at milwoods last week who works in training he said they are looking to start operations anytime between April to June if everything goes right so maybe next month

One downside that will have to be rectified: the traffic on 100 Street (and perhaps 101 Street) is held up at rush hour (including buses). I think the trains need to be synchronized a little bit better.
Make sure you send that feedback. I think they got a lot of feedback about the light sequencing at the top of Connors and it eventually did get sorted.

Back