It really is a shame that some NIMBYs in Glenora killed Beljan's commercial project which would've gone right beside this station. Having the plaza from the station framed by both little commercial strips would've made this area really nice and probably would've raised property values at that, but I guess some people still can't see the bigger picture. 🙁

Here's the project I'm talking about: https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/...-development-11m-2s-beljan-development.29803/

It really is a shame that some NIMBYs in Glenora killed Beljan's commercial project which would've gone right beside this station. Having the plaza from the station framed by both little commercial strips would've made this area really nice and probably would've raised property values at that, but I guess some people still can't see the bigger picture. 🙁

Here's the project I'm talking about: https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/...-development-11m-2s-beljan-development.29803/
Does the ZBR not make this once again possible without the ability to pushback?

Does the ZBR not make this once again possible without the ability to pushback?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the lot would probably need to be rezoned still from RS (Small-scale residential) to CN (Neighbourhood Commercial), which would 100% get flack from NIMBYs. It's always the same story, same excuses about "Not being in line with the ✨neighbourhood character✨" (whatever that means) and "attracting too many/the wrong kinds of people" (ew). When new pedestrian-oriented commercial gets built, though, everyone loves it and praises it for the great amenity it is.

That video might even be from summer 2022. This is a photo I took in October 2022.

IMG_5801.jpeg

And a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_6295.jpeg

New'ish video - great overhead shots! Obviously shot last summer, but curious to see if the River bank surrounding the bridge portal has finally started to grow? In this video, it still looks like shit.

Ran by there today. (No pictures unfortunately.)

It’s all green above the tunnel now. The landscaping on both sides of the river is looking really good on the whole. All the rain we’ve had has led to a lot of growth. I expect continued improvement as the years progress and everything continues to grow and fill out. 👍🌳

Took the valley line for fun/to see how it is. On the way south, we barely waited at any intersections at all, maybe not even once. On the way back up we stopped at almost all intersections between Mill Woods and the elevated guideway, it was a little bit unreal. Why so inconsistent? Also I agree the sliding doors need to come off. Maybe regular doors and timed heaters like at the new NAIT station? At least for busier stations like Bonnie Doon and Churchill, then maybe no doors at stations like Muttart. Also this is gonna be very busy for folk fest, no doubt.
That’s why I still think south of the elevated guideway at Davies, the line should have crossing gates. It has no business stopping at lights or going below 70 km/h on such a suburban alignment.

Back