Well if the Sun said it, especially if it came from the conspiracy theorist extraordinnaire Gunther, then it must be TRUE! šŸ˜‰
Please also remember that I said thisā€¦as a member of the citizen working group for the project who has access to the comms leads for the projectā€¦

They wonā€™t disclose details. But I mentioned a few months back that there were major delays and a bunch of people on here laughed at it.

Guess weā€™ll keep waiting and seeing. But theyā€™re behind for sure. Gunther is happy to share it Iā€™m sure, but doesnā€™t mean heā€™s lying.

Perhaps his sources know more about this, but they may be hesitant to say more for obvious reasons. Despite his consistent anti transit agenda, I don't think Gunther would be making this up . Presumably he feels his sources are reliable enough to put this out there.

It doesn't say good things if the administration is keeping council in the dark on this, but this seems to be typical in how they manage their bosses rather than how it should be the other way around.

If they have not been informed, I suspect councillors will not be pleased to find out by reading this and it may prompt some uncomfortable questions and conversations back to the administration, which they may deserve.

Please also remember that I said thisā€¦as a member of the citizen working group for the project who has access to the comms leads for the projectā€¦

They wonā€™t disclose details. But I mentioned a few months back that there were major delays and a bunch of people on here laughed at it.

Guess weā€™ll keep waiting and seeing. But theyā€™re behind for sure. Gunther is happy to share it Iā€™m sure, but doesnā€™t mean heā€™s lying.
Iā€™m just curious as to what the ā€œmajor delays areā€?
Even the cracked piers didnā€™t set back the valley line by over 2 years, so I donā€™t understand what it could be?

Iā€™m just curious as to what the ā€œmajor delays areā€?
Even the cracked piers didnā€™t set back the valley line by over 2 years, so I donā€™t understand what it could be?
Appears to be on track with progress made so farā€¦ā€¦

I had also heard from somebody within the city who I thought is in the know that the Coronation rec centre was going to be well over budget. But a few months after that and more recently, I saw city admin update council on various projects where Coronation was said to be on budget. That was good news to me and I just thought the person I heard that from probably didn't know. Now I'm wondering.

Just going by the Q1 2024 progress update saying construction progress is only 16.2% after over 27 months of construction, that does track that they're definitely running severely behind if this is supposed to be five years of construction. Between Q1 2023 and Q1 2024, they only made 10.2% construction progress.

Pretty ugly stuff to read when typically this is the time where most construction progress is made (mid project) as you're fully staffed up, pre-lim work largely done, but before the slow fine detail stuff comes in later.

Just going by the Q1 2024 progress update saying construction progress is only 16.2% after over 27 months of construction, that does track that they're definitely running severely behind if this is supposed to be five years of construction. Between Q1 2023 and Q1 2024, they only made 10.2% construction progress.

Pretty ugly stuff to read when typically this is the time where most construction progress is made (mid project) as you're fully staffed up, pre-lim work largely done, but before the slow fine detail stuff comes in later.
16.2% was only up until March 2024, so that would be only ~22 months as construction didnā€™t ā€œofficiallyā€ start until end of may 2022. And yes I donā€™t count ā€œpre constructionā€ as actual construction.

Maybe Iā€™m wrong but I still donā€™t see how itā€™s 2 years behind schedule, but I guess Iā€™ll wait to see the city officially come out and say something concrete.

Now that the difficult infrastructure is mostly built, I expect any future delays to be caused by underpaying workers, leading to perceived (but not real) worker shortages.

Now that the difficult infrastructure is mostly built, I expect any future delays to be caused by underpaying workers, leading to perceived (but not real) worker shortages.
I would believe that MIP has been trying to dramatically cut labour costs to maintain budget on this given inflationary pressures. How much evening/night work has been getting done on this job? Most VLW sites I see have no movement on evenings and never on Sundays. Meanwhile felt like TransEd was running night shift crews constantly, especially on the tunnel.

I also wonder if they wound up feeling a labour pinch with Standard General's labour force being so dedicated to the Yellowhead project, which I've heard really went off the rails and was supposed to have been completed last fall that they're still trying to wrap up now, even with getting an extra basically month and change of construction season with the killer fall we had.

I would believe that MIP has been trying to dramatically cut labour costs to maintain budget on this given inflationary pressures. How much evening/night work has been getting done on this job? Most VLW sites I see have no movement on evenings and never on Sundays. Meanwhile felt like TransEd was running night shift crews constantly, especially on the tunnel.

I also wonder if they wound up feeling a labour pinch with Standard General's labour force being so dedicated to the Yellowhead project, which I've heard really went off the rails and was supposed to have been completed last fall that they're still trying to wrap up now, even with getting an extra basically month and change of construction season with the killer fall we had.
Theyā€™ve been working 24/7 with the gantry crane for about the last 3 months.

Back