Part of me really wishes a portion of the 104 Ave segment was elevated, not because of grade separation, but just because that it would really give a nice Skytrain style view of downtown.
Some of the best vibes in Vancouver are from various bits of elevated Skytrain track.
Though I have a strong feeling the quickly expanding LRT will start to create some real A+ unique Edmonton views.

The track coming down Conners Rd is an obvious one, I guarantee the subreddit is going to be littered with pretty photos taken from the moving train on that hill.
Eventually the bridge (regardless of its final design) over the Yellowhead and railyard north of Blatchford will definitely have the same effect with a unique elevated vantage point.
There's going to be a steady accumulation of cool photos along 102 Ave downtown, we already see it now, but just wait until all the commuters are pouring out into that street every day.

I think there's something about rail transit like this that helps form a unified experience for the thousands of people that ride the train, in the way a bus never quite replicates. In the way that everyone taking the train sees the same view every day, that in its own right becomes a unique and special vantage point for the city that all the daily commuters share.

Last edited:
Some of the best vibes in Vancouver are from various bits of elevated Skytrain track.
Though I have a strong feeling the quickly expanding LRT will start to create some real A+ unique Edmonton views.

The track coming down Conners Rd is an obvious one, I guarantee the subreddit is going to be littered with pretty photos taken from the moving train on that hill.
Eventually the bridge (regardless of its final design) over the Yellowhead and railyard north of Blatchford will definitely have the same effect with a unique elevated vantage point.
There's going to be a steady accumulation of cool photos along 102 Ave downtown, we already see it now, but just wait until all the commuters are pouring out into that street every day.

I think there's something about rail transit like this that helps form a unified experience for the thousands of people that ride the train, in the way a bus never quite replicates. In the way that everyone taking the train sees the same view every day, that in its own right becomes a unique and special vantage point for the city that all the daily commuters share.
That's true! Connors Rd will be intensely amazing and other cities can't truly replicate that approach to their downtown. Honestly kinda hope that the train system becomes a weird lil tourist attraction in its own right.

is any update on opening date yet ?
Nothing yet other than in their update a month ago they stated it would open this fall and we would get more info once they are nearing completion of testing and independent certification.

20231005_155335.jpg

The Miz's station form work has been up since what - May? Isn't it time for the concrete to be exposed and to start building the station upon thee?

The Miz's station form work has been up since what - May? Isn't it time for the concrete to be exposed and to start building the station upon thee?
They have 3/4 straddle bents complete, with the last one being poured. They actually use the gantry crane to form the station girders, so really, they are waiting until the crane finishes the spans before.

Back