8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Therion

Member Bio
Reaction score
We're looking to buy a house in the Eglington/Dufferin/St. Clair/Bathurst quadrangle. It looks like our price range restricts us mostly to the north-west corner, ie. Eglington and Dufferin. We'd be about 3-4 blocks east of Duffering 2-3 blocks south of Eglington. Anyone has any experience in the neighbourhood, or surrounding area? It seems like quite a bit of transition going on; lots of older Italian/Portuguese couples, along with recent immigrants and yuppies. Is it safe? Is there anything to do at Eglington and Dufferin?

it is a borderline area between safe zone of upper forest hill and more dangerous towards keele. Housing is cheaper as a result.

Overall, probably the best investment to be made in Toronto real estate is this area: it's still cheap, the mostly Italian/Portuguese homeowners are getting older...to be replaced by yuppies over the next 15-25 years? Probably. SE corner is great area.

thanks for the replies. We looked at a bunch of places and noticed that house values decrease west to east, not surprisingly. The Oakwood and Vaughn area is particularly cheap, I guess because of the notoriety of the intersection. We almost put in an offer half a block north of Oakwood and Vaughn, before I checked the crime maps and noticed that there were several shootings very close to the proposed purchase location. "That's a deal breaker!"

There is redevelopment happening there soon if I remember
correctly lanterra owns a big parcel there and will build condos. But sometimes with redevelopment the Crime does not go away. One Cole and many others will be built in a troubled area in east downtown. That will not change the fact that the area is a haven for the sex and drug trade

Back