News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 11.19.06 AM.png

The stand out comment from the article was how the owner said he wouldn’t have done it if he knew what he was getting into.

Being in the thick of things of course the trauma will fade but my limited experience empathizes with his pain. Half jokingly half seriously I would say retrofitting a commercial space in a building like that you would have to take your budget, then double it. At least probably he didn’t have to re-zone or change the usage of the space. Water, sewer, hydro etc. upgrades to satisfy current code requirements or change the usage can eat up the entire project budget without touching the building itself in some of these cases. That’s not work in the space or building ibut rather work out on, under or above the street you are required to pay for just to get the service upgrades to the building.

Living down the street from Drake is a solid business plan for any live music venue.

According to a couple of music blog websites, the delay on the El Mo's return has to do with acquiring the necessary city permits, which has taken longer than expected.

They're saying that a soft opening is expected for this month of November though at some point. The cost of the total purchase and restoration is reported to be over $17 million for Michael Wekerle. The venue is said to have two sound-proofed stages with an overall capacity of 1100.

According to a couple of music blog websites, the delay on the El Mo's return has to do with acquiring the necessary city permits, which has taken longer than expected.

They're saying that a soft opening is expected for this month of November though at some point. The cost of the total purchase and restoration is reported to be over $17 million for Michael Wekerle. The venue is said to have two sound-proofed stages with an overall capacity of 1100.

Wow, finally. I thought something had gone awry behind the scenes.

Back