Bjays92

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a significant development outside Kitchener's urban core. It's roughly around the intersection of the Highway 8 bypass and the Conestoga Parkway. The development itself is on Weber St and backs on to Highway 8. It is also across the highway from Fairview park mall, and the apartment cluster around the mall. The development consists of 4 towers, 2 12s and 2 15s and is currently under construction.

elevate.jpeg
elevate2.jpeg
elevate3.jpeg
elevate4.jpeg
elevate5.jpeg
elevate6.jpeg

Those are the current renders.

The most recent site photo is all the way back from the start of April and credit goes to attica over at wrconnected WRC Thread

elevate current.jpeg

I haven't had a chance to take pictures at this point but they have progressed significantly since this. There is some sort of crane up on site (though it is deep in the hole so its hard to see perfectly) and it also appears from a glance that there is some foundation work that is also done already. I am relatively close to the site so one of these days (maybe even today if I have time) I'll swing by to get a better look at the progress here.

This is a pretty key development for this area, as it's a more run down part of town in desperate need of a facelift. Coupled with the Fairview Park mall redevelopment this could become the regions first legitimate cluster outside a downtown area (though it wouldn't keep that title for long)

I am really looking forward to seeing this one complete, it should have great presence driving in to town on the highway and the amenities (specifically the rooftop tennis court and putting green) look amazing.

You can see all the renders plus more over at ABA Architects website

The first phase is all excavated, and basement walls are going up. Either work has been slow or there hasn't been movement in a few weeks.

PXL_20211210_003926808.jpg

Anyone able to check this site out? Someone on Twitter is claiming the builder stopped paying the construction crew, and the crane was taken down.

Anyone able to check this site out? Someone on Twitter is claiming the builder stopped paying the construction crew, and the crane was taken down.

I went by it a few weeks ago and both of the tower cranes that were on site have been taken down. The building that is currently topped out still isn't complete and the site overall hasn't changed significantly since May. In May there wasn't a single tradesperson on site and went I went by a few weeks ago there still wasn't anyone. The developer has permits for the next two buildings foundations as well as applications for the two buildings themselves but for the most part work has entirely stalled on this site.

This is so unfortunately, right when we are in a housing crisis. I wonder how much of this situation can be attributed to inflation?

Back