drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
The owners of the south-east plaza and the empty land around it were to meet with the ward councilor and planing department on developing a master plan for redeveloping the area. The lands are own by a family and with the passing of the father, the children have decided it time to build on the empty lands and redevelop the existing plaza. This is the Uptown area as noted by council and to see tall towers over the objects of the local NIMBY folks.

This was brought up at a meeting I was at. Looking at a few million of square footage in development.

Mid-rise towers on the empty land and mix use on the existing plaza site as tall as 50s or more with underground parking. They may try again in building office space in a mix tower.

Massive development around the greenfields at Hurontario and Elia Avenue.

FULL SITE ADDRESS: 4615 Hurontario Street, 136 Eglinton Avenue East and 25, 35, 55, 105 and 110 Elia Avenue

From the Development map:

"9 residential buildings (28 to 45 storeys) with office and retail uses, 8 blocks of back-to-back townhouses, public park."

4615 Hurontario St.jpg

Site, parcels checked using Mississauga's mapping tool:

4615HurontarioSite.jpg

Last edited:
I think I started a thread for this area as well the plaza, but can't recall how I posted it and early 2020

This reinforce the need for an LRT stop at Ellia Ave that ML refused to look at as it's too close to Eglinton so they say that will have more riders.

I can hear the bitching from the locals as well council saying it too tall.

Last edited:
Big developments on three corners of the intersection! Shame that it is effectively cut-off from rest of downtown mississauga by 403. I imagine the strip mall will be redeveloped eventually as well.

Big developments on three corners of the intersection! Shame that it is effectively cut-off from rest of downtown mississauga by 403. I imagine the strip mall will be redeveloped eventually as well.
One reason why the area is call Mississauga Uptown. There are 2 different sites for Pinnacle that will see 5 towers.

Both plaza on the east side are to be redevelop. . As to when and what, that unknown at this time..

The sad part is the new residents will drive to Cooksville GO Station since it will be faster than using the LRT and more so if the loop gets built. I still plan on using the bus if I am going north of Sq One as it will be faster than the LRT once it up and running end of 2024.

The LRT is indeed a travesty. Maybe they will run express buses! 🤣

To be honest this is Mississauga's doing. The whole bloody City Centre Terminal, along with the Go Square One terminal should have been relocated to front Hurontario St. It's not like there's a lack of land to make it happen, and worst case Metrolinx could have expropriated since they've been expropriation happy lately.

But now we're getting some hacked up situation with GO Buses, being separate from MiWay buses, with some half-baked centre platform LRT station; but with some guarantee someday that the GO Buses and MiWay buses will share a terminal in some distant day in the because the current terminal is in bad shape.

Mississauga couldve pushed for a different solution, they didnt, and now thousands of commuters will be paying the price for decades to come wasting minutes each way being detoured to Square One which thus makes the LRT less attractive.

To be honest this is Mississauga's doing. The whole bloody City Centre Terminal, along with the Go Square One terminal should have been relocated to front Hurontario St. It's not like there's a lack of land to make it happen, and worst case Metrolinx could have expropriated since they've been expropriation happy lately.

But now we're getting some hacked up situation with GO Buses, being separate from MiWay buses, with some half-baked centre platform LRT station; but with some guarantee someday that the GO Buses and MiWay buses will share a terminal in some distant day in the because the current terminal is in bad shape.

Mississauga couldve pushed for a different solution, they didnt, and now thousands of commuters will be paying the price for decades to come wasting minutes each way being detoured to Square One which thus makes the LRT less attractive.
Would've been logical to push downtown toward Cooksville GO. That will 'eventually' be a regional rapid transit line. Long term make Cooksville GO Mississauga's Union Station. Dundas BRT will connect to it as well and Hurontario LRT. Maybe a Burnhamthorpe BRT could connect the north end. If the 407 transitway is ever upgraded to LRT as an extension of Crosstown, it could come down Hurontario as well.

Would've been logical to push downtown toward Cooksville GO. That will 'eventually' be a regional rapid transit line. Long term make Cooksville GO Mississauga's Union Station. Dundas BRT will connect to it as well and Hurontario LRT. Maybe a Burnhamthorpe BRT could connect the north end. If the 407 transitway is ever upgraded to LRT as an extension of Crosstown, it could come down Hurontario as well.
Agreed, the problem is through is that Mississauga likes to centre its developments around "destinations" rather than transit. That's why corridors like Erin Mills, Square One, and now this area are seeing density spikes. Meanwhile places like Erindale, and Cooksville see next to no activity.

Not even mentioning the fact that half these developments are designed in a tower in a park configuration, you know the exact opposite of what they should be doing. MiWay has done a pretty decent job at boosting ridership all these years (I remember the days where service everywhere was pretty much dreadful not too long ago), but Mississauga seems intent on continuing their everlasting car commuting culture while acting like they care about transit and bike infrastructure.

townhouse owners on this avenue will be happy to sale their house to this condo investors, as long there is agreement.

Last edited:
I didn't think a plan would emerge for these parcels so soon, but I am pleasantly surprised. I wish there were a couple more towers on the largest plot, but it looks good regardless. This essentially leaves the two commercial plazas left as the last remaining lands to be intensified in the Uptown MCC node.

I didn't think a plan would emerge for these parcels so soon, but I am pleasantly surprised. I wish there were a couple more towers on the largest plot, but it looks good regardless. This essentially leaves the two commercial plazas left as the last remaining lands to be intensified in the Uptown MCC node.
The stop of the Lrt will be on Eglinton and hurontario, that is the reason they are building more condos.

Back