We live in a condo on 33 Elm Drive west , would my kids be able to go to this new school? ( Elm Public School ) ?

We live in a condo on 33 Elm Drive west , would my kids be able to go to this new school? ( Elm Public School ) ?
I would expect so since you are in walking distance and that needs to be "MUST". No idea on time frame, but could be fall 2021 or early 22. I don't about you, always walk to school and only use transit after grade 8. Same apply to my kids.

Thank you.

I checked the distance from 33 Elm to Elm Public School and from 33 Elm to Fairview, they’re about the same distance ( because Fairview is litterly next to Kariya park). And since we live on the north side of Elm, would there be a chance that our zone belongs to Fairview instead of Elm public school?

DJI_0462.JPG
DJI_0459.JPG

Thank you.

I checked the distance from 33 Elm to Elm Public School and from 33 Elm to Fairview, they’re about the same distance ( because Fairview is litterly next to Kariya park). And since we live on the north side of Elm, would there be a chance that our zone belongs to Fairview instead of Elm public school?
It's most likely that once Elm opens, the Fairview school will be closed and the property sold off to developers.

Thank you.

This is the Link with info concerning new schools in Peel Region. Looks like the boundary will be determined in the fall. https://www.peelschools.org/schools/newschools/Pages/default.aspx

Looking at the site today, I will say at this time the school will open Sept 2022 or about.

Don't know where the safety personal for the project was as a few safety valuation were taking place and have a photo of one. No hard hat, vest and a number of other things. Old habits from my days working on site and looking for safety issues.

Based on what was taking place at the Britannia Adult Education Centre today, either classes are going to start for them shortly or children from other schools or within walking distance will use it until June 2021 due to COVID-19 spacing issues. At that time the school will be torn down and no impact on the new school since this will be the sport field.

Work is happening on weekends and starts very early in the mornings (7 am sometimes).

They seem to really be trying to hurry this thing up.

Back