Are you sure we all eligible for a refund? I received my property tax bills as well and would like to know if I should contact my lawyer, or someone else? How do I know I will receive a refund? Anyone know the calculations?

Is it included in your closing costs? Some developers do it there, others don't in which case you have to apply for the refund.

Is it included in your closing costs? Some developers do it there, others don't in which case you have to apply for the refund.

How do I know if it was included in the closing cost or not? I received about $300 refund from my lawyer. Is that it??

Also, does anyone else experience heavy condensation in their unit when using the heater? When I use the heater at night, in the morning all my windows edges are soaking wet and the paint on the bottom side close to the floor are being effected because of this condensation. The only thing I can think of is to wipe them off every morning, but come one is this normal?? I'm using those vertical blinds if that matters, and I close my blinds at night time.

Your lawyer should have provided a detailed statement of closing costs; you'll have to read through to see if it's there. Or give your lawyer a call.

For the heating, do you have ceiling vents? I've lived in my condo for about four years, and we were told to turn the vents towards the windows in the winter and away from the windows in the summer for the most efficient heating/cooling and to help avoid condensation.

Customer service likes to tell people that condensation is caused by "lifestyle" and having your unit too humid. I've always thought that was funny because generally condos are too dry! You can get humidity readers if the issue persists. Definitely document it and take pictures. Include it in your Tarion reports and bring it to the attention of customer service. In our building, it turned out that there was a construction deficiency with some units that caused excessive condensation. It might just be because of the extreme temperature swing in the last couple of days, but get on top of it now in case it is a bigger problem.

How do I know if it was included in the closing cost or not? I received about $300 refund from my lawyer. Is that it??

Also, does anyone else experience heavy condensation in their unit when using the heater? When I use the heater at night, in the morning all my windows edges are soaking wet and the paint on the bottom side close to the floor are being effected because of this condensation. The only thing I can think of is to wipe them off every morning, but come one is this normal?? I'm using those vertical blinds if that matters, and I close my blinds at night time.

You might want to try this as an experiment, keep your blinds slightly open when you retire at night to allow the air to circulate behind them and see if you still get condensation. I have seen in the past sometimes when blinds are closed tightly the air trapped between the blinds and window cause condensation. I am not suggesting its right that it happens but it might help figure out what is going on

You might want to try this as an experiment, keep your blinds slightly open when you retire at night to allow the air to circulate behind them and see if you still get condensation. I have seen in the past sometimes when blinds are closed tightly the air trapped between the blinds and window cause condensation. I am not suggesting its right that it happens but it might help figure out what is going on

What to report on one to report on one year Tarion report? Should I report this condensation issue as well?

On a side note on bad taping jobs that got worst would the builder do anything about it if you put it on a Tarion report?.

Builders don't like seeing things on Tarion reports. Document everything. Take lots of picture. Even if you're not sure. That way, if it does end up being a bigger issue down the line, you're already on record.

***ISSUE SINCE RESOLVED

On a side note I like the facebook group for private matters but we should continue to use this forum also :)
The emerald city talks forum is good but seems kinda of confusing with multiple groups within it.

Last edited:
I remember reading in an earlier post that some of us had the wrong colour countertops installed. Is there anyone else this has happened to other then myself or the person who posted about it earlier. Send me an email / message to me if it happened to you as well. And if anyone remembers who it was that made original post as I cant look through 102 pages trying to figure it out.

It seems Pam was the one who made the error and coincidentally she is no longer with the company.

On a side note I like the facebook group for private matters but we should continue to use this forum also :)
The emerald city talks forum is good but seems kinda of confusing with multiple groups within it.

They provided me with the wrong countertop. It was supposed to be the granite, but they had put something else in its place (don't remember what now). But Customer Care were aware of it, and even pointed this out to me during my PDI. It took about a month or so after I moved in, but eventually, someone did come and replace my counter with the proper granite countertop.

Right now, the only outstanding items for my suite is:
1) they didn't give me a kitchen backsplash (and I still have no idea if/when they will get around to remedying this)
2) my bathroom vanities are missing the kickplates
3) my bathroom vanities and the kitchen island has big gaps between them and the floor, and so, some kind of caulking is needed.

All these things I listed in my PDI and the 30-day form. I'm not as concerned about (2) and (3) at the moment, because one of the construction workers told me that, that sort of thing is usually left till the end to do. But (1) is something they should care more about, and it is a bit frustrating not knowing the status of my backsplash.

They provided me with the wrong countertop. It was supposed to be the granite, but they had put something else in its place (don't remember what now). But Customer Care were aware of it, and even pointed this out to me during my PDI. It took about a month or so after I moved in, but eventually, someone did come and replace my counter with the proper granite countertop.

Right now, the only outstanding items for my suite is:
1) they didn't give me a kitchen backsplash (and I still have no idea if/when they will get around to remedying this)
2) my bathroom vanities are missing the kickplates
3) my bathroom vanities and the kitchen island has big gaps between them and the floor, and so, some kind of caulking is needed.

All these things I listed in my PDI and the 30-day form. I'm not as concerned about (2) and (3) at the moment, because one of the construction workers told me that, that sort of thing is usually left till the end to do. But (1) is something they should care more about, and it is a bit frustrating not knowing the status of my backsplash.

I had all of those exact same deficiencies. Make sure you follow up with them. Visit the customer care office and make sure that they have an accurate record of the deficiencies. The might even be able to give you dates. That worked for me as all of my deficiencies have now been resolved. Its worth a try anyway.

Are units suppose to be equipped with a fire sprinkler system before occupancy?
I am in phase 3 and there is a slot for them in my living room and bedroom but there is a white cover on it?

Are units suppose to be equipped with a fire sprinkler system before occupancy?
I am in phase 3 and there is a slot for them in my living room and bedroom but there is a white cover on it?

The sprinkler head is under the white cover. The cover is only to make it look nicer. You can pull the cover off and have a look. Those covers are designed to pop off by themselves with the force of the water once the sprinlkers are activated.

Makes sense!
Thanks

The sprinkler head is under the white cover. The cover is only to make it look nicer. You can pull the cover off and have a look. Those covers are designed to pop off by themselves with the force of the water once the sprinlkers are activated.

Has anyone replaced their stock thermostat with a NEST smart thermostat? I was wondering if they were compatible with our tower.

Back