Hello everyone I am not 'firm' yet but about to buy a unit in 11 Bogert (have a bungalow on Johnston right now). My offer has been accepted but I have until Thursday to back out due to legal review of the Status certificate. There's lots of scary stuff in this forum!! Open discussion here: Should I renege on the offer or not?

There's lots of scary stuff in this forum!! Open discussion here: Should I renege on the offer or not?

I'm not sure what the maintenance fees are, and that should probably be the deciding factor. The units themselves are fine. Construction quality is better than most of the new condos being built downtown - I've only heard my neighbours once, and I'm pretty sure they're getting a divorce after that night. All the problems I've seen are little things - plastic panels that need to be reconnected once in a while, floors that get really dusty, counters that get dirty very easily, and so on. Higher floors have higher ceilings for some reason.

The only real structural problem I've noticed is airflow - in 11 Bogert, if you leave a window and the front door open you'll get a breeze running through the apartment. The garbage chute also gets an upwards wind running through it on windy days. The building is a bit short on elevators, but I've never had to wait more than one or two minutes.

In short, it's hard to know if it's worth it without knowing the price. If you can get something for the same price in the Hullmark Centre or Gibson Centre, that's probably a better option. If you're paying the right amount of money, I think it's fine.

Hi, newly joined here.

Just wanted to share something that I found was a little disturbing.. I attended a sales session with Bazis for their $2mil estates on bayview project. At the meeting they were unable to tell me anything about the fixtures being used, what tiles (marble? porcelain?) What floors? what brand kitchen appliances etc other than it being of 'very high quality'. It was all a little odd, I'm very familiar with the area and the pricing but even a year later after the meeting... I still can't wrap my head around investing that kind of money in real estate with none of that basic information.

Fast forward a few months later there was a collapse of a famous builder, turns out townhomes are exempt from protection from the government if the builder decides to default....... (urbancorp)

Curiously, Estates on Bayview is no longer a project listed on Bazis' website. I see a few listings for pre-construction still floating around though. The area is nowhere close to breaking ground. I heard there were some major pushback from the surrounding neighborhood (Bridle Path) against the townhomes which is expected.

I wonder how this will all span out.

o_O

Hi, does anyone know or understand the legal proceedings that TSCC2501 is taking against Bazi and Tarion? This is the response I received from First Service Residential.

Would this negatively impact residential sales?

"On December 15, 2017, the Corporation provided to you a Notice pursuant to s.23 of the Condominium Act, 1998, advising of the Corporation’s intention to commence a legal action with respect to construction deficiencies (“Notice”).

The Corporation has made warranty claims to Tarion and the builder/declarant in accordance with the insurance provided to us pursuant to the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act with respect the construction deficiencies, and the Corporation is pursuing those claims with Tarion.

The Corporation has concurrently commenced a legal action to prevent a limitation period defence from barring our claims should it be necessary to proceed in Court if Tarion is unwilling or unable to resolve our claims. Accordingly, the commencement of the legal action is simply to preserve your rights while the Corporation continues the conciliation process with Tarion.

Such method to protect your rights was acknowledged by Justice Cunningham in his Final Report of December 2016, on his independent review of Tarion, as follows:

“… particularly in the condominium sector, the timelines for warranty claims are such that a party may need to initiate litigation as a precaution to ensure that their claim is brought in time should the warranty process not resolve the matter.”

Accordingly, the Corporation initiated litigation as a precaution to preserve your rights in the event that the warranty process with Tarion does not resolve the construction deficiencies. "

Anyone have an update on the flooding situation that happened in this building nearly a year ago?

Are units in this building dealing with mould, etc.? Has the builder responded at all? What's the condominium board doing and/or saying?

Last edited:
Hi! I'm interested to maybe purchase a unit at the Emerald towers.
Can someone let me know if the flood renovations are done? and if there were complications?
Are there units that I should steer clear of?

Hi! I'm interested to maybe purchase a unit at the Emerald towers.
Can someone let me know if the flood renovations are done? and if there were complications?
Are there units that I should steer clear of?
@sunnyraytoronto LOL your "haha" face, suggest that this might not be a good condo to buy. :p
I am aware of the flood, I want to know if the "fixed" units are the ones being sold right now!
Hard market to get something in a good neighbourhood that is convenient to shopping, and subway.

@sunnyraytoronto LOL your "haha" face, suggest that this might not be a good condo to buy. :p
I am aware of the flood, I want to know if the "fixed" units are the ones being sold right now!
Hard market to get something in a good neighbourhood that is convenient to shopping, and subway.
not just one flood has happened but many over the years. you will need to go further back in the thread

BTW,.... I started calling Emerald Park Condos,.. "Em-mould Park Condos" about 3-4 floods ago,... the towers are green for a reason!

not just one flood has happened but many over the years. you will need to go further back in the thread
O dear! I will go back to see. many floods? That is horrible. I saw the thread on the retail owners being charged more maintenance fees. Is this the same for condo owners? I guess the "Niagara Falls" Video footage of damages was just the worst one? Wonder if they have resolved to fix it yet.

BTW,.... I started calling Emerald Park Condos,.. "Em-mould Park Condos" about 3-4 floods ago,... the towers are green for a reason!
O NO!! Em-Mold! hahaa thats a good one. I guess that means its not just a few units affected, but the whole condo might be damaged? YIKES.
Ok. maybe I need to look else where! LOL For sure don't want to live in a building that has constant problems with water!

Anyone have an update on the flooding situation that happened in this building nearly a year ago?

Are units in this building dealing with mould, etc.? Has the builder responded at all? What's the condominium board doing and/or saying?
Did you ever find out the answer to your question?

Back