8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

marcus_a_j

Member Bio
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for these, but mods feel free to move them if a thread exists.

The first two Equinox towers at Scarborough City Centre have been built. Here are the next 3 phases

EQ1
EQ1.jpg

EQ2
EQ2.jpg

Red at Equinox
red.jpg

March 29, 2008

Looking northwest. EQ1 (right) and EQ2 (left) with first Equinox towers behind and to the left
IMG_5138.jpg

Looking southeast from Albert Campbell Square
IMG_5124.jpg

EQ1
IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

EQ2
IMG_5122.jpg

Southside of EQ1 where Red at Equinox will be located
IMG_5135.jpg

somehow Scarborough just feels like its in another province, even though I lived there for a few years when I went to college. I'm sure it will eventually get all filled in and look pretty decent. There are a few buildings that catch my eye driving by on the 401...

p.s. - that one called Red still looks green to me! Maybe Steve Smith is one of the investors?

thx for the Scarborough pics, marcus, we don't get enough of this...

For some reason, for every 10 km that you get out of the downtown core, you can automatically subtract 5 years to the architectural style of the buildings under construction. For example, in NYCC they are building towers that look like the stuff they built downtown in 2003, in Scarborough they are building stuff that looks like 1998, in Brampton and Woodbridge they are building stuff that looks like 1993, etc.

Of course, this theory sort of doesn't hold any water once you move really far out. It's not like they're building stuff that looks like 1938 in Belleville, for example.

Don't know much about this project but it is definitely having an impact on the skyline around Scarborough Town Centre. These are views of the north side and east sides of the two new towers.

If you look closely at eastern most tower, it appears that a handful of floors have higher ceilings than the rest. (The floors with the extra row of thin green cladding.)

There's also a shot of the neighbouring towers just to the east of McCowan Rd. I kinda like those twin "space-age" looking towers. (Pics taken yesterday).

great pics Casaguy ... I see you've made you way out of the core recently :)

I've put together something that illustrates the concentration of buildings coming up in STC (south) ... think I would hate myself for living in north towr of Centro facing west or RED facing east ... personally I think the Monarch 3 towers were way too tight for the site ... somebody was being greedy :rolleyes:

Your photos depict EQ1 + EQ2 described in my other post ... there will also be a third tower called RED (aka EQ3) immediately to the south ... this is the site where I thought Monarch was getting greedy to pack 3 towers on a extremely small site ... Monarch previously built 2 towers (called Equinox) to the west

I kinda like those twin "space-age" looking towers.

Those are 'The Ellipse' pair on Lee Centre Drive built in 2004, neighboured by 'Hillborough Court' pair to the right (west) and 'May Tower' pair on the left (east), together with Tridel's Consilium pair further to the right (west)

great pics Casaguy ... I see you've made you way out of the core recently :))

Sadly I have to make the trek up to Scarborough more often thank I'd like.

Those are 'The Ellipse' pair on Lee Centre Drive built in 2004, neighboured by 'Hillborough Court' pair to the right (west) and 'May Tower' pair on the left (east), together with Tridel's Consilium pair further to the right (west)

They definitely add some interest to the bland but expanding skyline around the Town Centre.

That's close to where I work. Its good to see Scarborough receiving a few 'touch-ups', especially around the Town Centre. It's really starting to boom.

Those Ellipse towers are awesome. I remember driving by them a few years ago, and the roofs were lit up in blacklight. Looked very very awesome. Does anyone know if they still do that?

those evil ugly aqua coloured spandrel panels again from Vibe + 100 Yorkville ... yuk!

nonetheless construction progress is always good ... thanks for the update T~

T² - what sort of progress has been made at the 'Red' site (if any)?
Thanks for the photos

Back