1000005264.jpg

1000005262.jpg

1000005263.jpg

1000005258.jpg

1000005257.jpg

1000005256.jpg

1000005254.jpg

1000005251.jpg

Has anyone also heard that Erin Mills TC has been sold? Saw that CBRE made a recent LinkedIn post announcing of the sale.

Has anyone also heard that Erin Mills TC has been sold? Saw that CBRE made a recent LinkedIn post announcing of the sale.

Yes, the OPB sold the mall, said sale closed on January 31st, 2023.

The buyer is the HBNG: Holborn Group.

To my understanding, if you look under the hood, this group is affiliated to/led by Pemberton.

Want to hear something funny...........that's who sold it OPB back in 2010.

They bought the asset back at a discount to what they sold it for............ not so funny if your pension is dependent on OPB returns...

Last edited:
Yes, the OPB sold the mall, said sale closed on January 31st, 2023.

The buyer is the HBNG: Holborn Group.

To my understanding, if you look under the hood, this group is affiliated to/led by Pemberton.

Want to hear something funny...........that's who sold it OPB back in 2010.

They bought the asset back as a discount to what they sold it for............ not so funny if your pension is dependent on OPB returns...

Thanks NL!

What stopped OPB from participating in the intensification of the site with residential? Sheesh.

Here comes 20k condo units. Of course, why build 20k condo units on the Milton line at a new Eglinton station when you can do it 2km away from the Milton Line instead, as well as 1.5km from the Transitway station.

What stopped OPB from participating in the intensification of the site with residential? Sheesh.

Here comes 20k condo units. Of course, why build 20k condo units on the Milton line at a new Eglinton station when you can do it 2km away from the Milton Line instead, as well as 1.5km from the Transitway station.

I've never heard of any plan to build a new GO station in between Erindale and Streetsville at Eglinton.

And even if they did, it's all low density in that area, SFDs for the most part.

Even if you rezoned it for higher density, I think it would be decades before a developer was able to assemble enough lots to intensify there. Maybe some land on the NW corner around Barberton, but not sure how much isn't park in that area.

Pemberton has done a decent amount of the tower in the park buildings in this area so it's not great hearing they are involved... really hope they do something good with the land

I'm still bummed out the rooftop patio originally planned was dropped. So why am I going here aside from convenience? I thought the whole point of this thing was a new dining/entertainment experience.
Posters are up but they are just generic Cineplex posters and not movie posters.
1682336685959.jpeg

This area always feels like an afterthought in terms of development... very disappointing they've dropped the rooftop patio. Who is to blame, Cineplex or the mall ownership? I guess the pandemic situation just threw it to the wayside

This area always feels like an afterthought in terms of development... very disappointing they've dropped the rooftop patio. Who is to blame, Cineplex or the mall ownership? I guess the pandemic situation just threw it to the wayside
I suppose sacrifices and therefore mistakes, had to be made. I think this project will be one that looked great on paper but ends up flawed in execution.

I suppose sacrifices and therefore mistakes, had to be made. I think this project will be one that looked great on paper but ends up flawed in execution.
I agree, it's sad that they decided to drop the patio and the second floor in-general. Seems like the project was scaled back, if I had to guess due to COVID and costs maybe. Would have been a neat concept. The Winnipeg location also doesn't have the patio/outdoor movie showings. My guess is that Cineplex decided to change things up. From my understanding there will still be some entertainment inside though. Can see some of the benches coming up in pics I took a few days ago.

PXL_20230421_031752408.MP.jpg

PXL_20230421_031746725.MP.jpg

PXL_20230421_031734977.jpg

The generic posters are a bit unfortunate as well. Thought they would use them as movie posters...which I guess they could still do in the future.
PXL_20230421_031721908.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Back