Hmmm.... another purpose rental. That is surprising given that the previous owner of the property (Fram & Slokker) were planning high end condos on that site as it faces the river. I thought for sure that whomever bought it would hold out for the condo market to turnaround. I guess they are tired of waiting. Developer is Alston Properties out of Winnipeg.

Some more renderings from the AtLRG website:

EV_CRNRNORTH-update.jpg

EV_FRONT-update.jpg

EV_MEWS-update.jpg

EV_MATL+ELEV-update.jpg
EV_WEST-update.jpg
EV_DECK-update.jpg

Yikes, this is certainly cheap and cheerful. The retail portion is fine, but the rest of it looks like a prison. Very disappointing for a prime waterfront parcel. Block N has also been conditionally sold. Hopefully the developer can raise the bar, as that is arguably the most important parcel in the EV.

Well call me crazy (after being called the negative nancy of the site), but I actually really like the pattern. The white brick is really nice (something this city lacks) and the black should give it some more depth. I do agree that there should be a little more glass and less brick. It's a bit heavy looking. I really like the form and function. Should be a great addition to the area.

White and black brick, traditional brick, black and white metallic panels make up the three buildings along the river. No one can say it's a cookie cutter street!

One thing I can't manage to spot on all these renderings is a parkade entrance. I wonder if they'll be going for zero parking?
I was wondering the same thing, Can’t tell if it has parking or not. Also i really like everything about this one, the brick pattern is polarizing but if it was built as rendered I’d be really happy with it.

I like the brick pattern. It certainly has an older look to it, but it's unique enough that it won't be tied to any particular time frame. Plain brick of one colour might have been a better way to go, but this fine by me.

The brick pattern is cool, but I can't help but wonder if it's a lot of that one pattern? The pattern would be awesome as a facade on a small 2-4 storey building that's in between a couple of other buildings. It's a lot to have it on one fairly large building.

Back