8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Memph

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone been there? I'm half Hungarian so kurtoskalacs were a nice treat I got to have when visiting family in Hungary that up until now hasn't been available here.

I'll be in Toronto (currently studying at Lakehead) next week for PDAC so I'm hoping to try out Eva's Chimneys and bring some friends along. I saw that the line ups were quite long (1hr+?!) when they were based out of a food truck in the summer. Is it more reasonable now that it's winter and they have a brick and mortar location? Is there usually place to sit inside?

And thoughts on ice cream vs no ice cream? The traditional way is no ice cream, just the dough (accessorized with walnuts or sugary things), so I'm a little hesitant about whether I should try this new innovation of theirs. :p

Anyone been there? I'm half Hungarian so kurtoskalacs were a nice treat I got to have when visiting family in Hungary that up until now hasn't been available here.

I'll be in Toronto (currently studying at Lakehead) next week for PDAC so I'm hoping to try out Eva's Chimneys and bring some friends along. I saw that the line ups were quite long (1hr+?!) when they were based out of a food truck in the summer. Is it more reasonable now that it's winter and they have a brick and mortar location? Is there usually place to sit inside?

And thoughts on ice cream vs no ice cream? The traditional way is no ice cream, just the dough (accessorized with walnuts or sugary things), so I'm a little hesitant about whether I should try this new innovation of theirs. :p

I had it a few years back from the food truck before it became popular. If you like sugary, go for the cinnamon sugar one, with cream cheese icing spread on the inside. So good! Don't bother with ice cream.

Back