8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Summer Course In Music, at Jarvis Collegiate Institute. 1939 TPL
Summer Course In Music, at Jarvis Collegiate Institute. 1939  TPL.jpg

Yonge looking N. from King c.1904 Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, U.ofT
3-D cards such as this were popular around the turn of the century..... Designed for use in special viewers.
With a little practice, some are able to achieve an unaided, 3-D view of the image.

Yonge looking N. from King c.1904 Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, U.ofT.jpg

Woodruff House, Kingston Rd., s. side, e. of Woodbine Ave. 1900 TPL
Woodruff House, Kingston Rd., s. side, e. of Woodbine Ave. 1900  TPL.jpg

Anyone interested in stereoscope viewers, images or other photographic history may enjoy this site:
The Photographic Historical Society of Canada at https://phsc.ca/

Last edited:
Fire Hall (Engine House, No. 2), Court St., north side, between Toronto & Church Sts. 1860 TPL
Now the site of Courthouse Square (park).

Fire Hall, Toronto, Court St., north side, between Toronto & Church Sts. 1860   TPL.jpg

I can't recall......who are the "railroad aficionados" on this site?
Perhaps they will be interested in this photo: "Great Grampa Corby, engineer" ...........taken by H. C. Deukelberg of Sarnia, ON.
My son found this image in a thrift shop.
Any info will be appreciated.

P.S. I've found a new home for this photo........a photo-historian friend will appreciate and preserve the original image.

Train engine-Great Grampa Corby, engineer-x.jpg

train photo - verso-x.jpg

Last edited:
I can't recall......who are the "railroad aficionados" on this site?
Perhaps they will be interested in this photo: "Great Grampa Corby, engineer" ...........taken by H. C. Deukelberg of Sarnia, ON.
My son found this image in a thrift shop.
Any info will be appreciated.

View attachment 233782

View attachment 233783
There were three railways down there...Grand Trunk, Great Western and Canada Southern. The engine doesn’t seem to be named other than 671, maybe a spur line then.

Waaay out of my league here but 2-8-0 configuration, possibly a 'consolidation'. The image has a small dome just ahead of the cab which doesn't show in archival images. That's all I've got.

May not be the same one, a lot of renumbering went on, and selling of used.
The Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad's class 759 locomotive no. 761 was built around 1890. When active, it was used on the railroad's mainline between Chicago and the west. No. 761 is plinthed next to the historic Wickenburg, Arizona, train depot that is now the town's visitor center. Wikipedia.
316C8309-5FF6-466B-90DE-DB105AAC3C21.png

Source: Wikipedia

Queen's Hotel, Front St. W., north side, between Bay & York Sts. 1886 TPL
Queen's Hotel, Front St. W., north side, between Bay & York Sts. 1886   TPL.jpg

Queen's Hotel, 1927 TPL
Queen's Hotel, Front St. W., north side, between Bay & York Sts. 1927   TPL.jpg

Todmorden HoteL (built ca 1892), Broadview Ave., south east corner Westwood Ave. TPL
Todmorden HoteL (built ca 1892), Broadview Ave., south east corner Westwood Ave. c.1895  TPL.jpg

Todmorden HoteL (built ca 1892), Broadview Ave., south east corner Westwood Ave. 1953  TPL.jpg

Back