News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Alexandra Apartments, University Ave., west side, between Elm & Orde Sts. 1906 TPL
Alexandra Apartments, University Ave., west side, between Elm & Orde Sts. 1906  TPL.jpg

Amazingly large group photo , St. Patrick's Congregation c.1920..........I can provide a larger file for anyone who wants to view individual faces.
Identified as St Pat's congregation c.1920, Toronto Past Archive-web size.jpg

Last edited:
Danforth Ave. looking east from west of *Jarvis St. 1912 CTA
*note: Jarvis ?...more likely E. of Broadview Ave.
Danforth Ave. (Bloor St?) looking east from west of Jarvis St. 1912  CTA.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to see the Torbrick neighbourhood when it was still a quarry--and to be reminded of how the present Greenwood Towers seniors' home on the Danforth straddles the wye that leads to the Greenwood yards...

Armstrong, Robert R., house, 91 Sumach St., east side, north of Queen St. E. 1890 TPL
View attachment 235671
Ok, this has been bothering me for two weeks....according to Google Streetview this is half of a semidetached building. The neighbours on both sides of the street are all the same build as the current house, see attachment. However, sure the gingerbread is gone and now there is a front porch, but the bay windows are rectangular, not bowed, the decorative brickwork in the facade is not there...it just doesn’t add up.
8C925B9A-1DB3-45D6-9B9B-90D2C0BDE9E9.png

Yes I agree, it's somewhat puzzling isn't it LPCI?
Three possible answers:
- the old home has been completely replaced by a new semi
- it was extensively renovated after the attachment (number 93) was added
- the house numbering system has been altered

Back