News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Tim Horton Hamburgers, North Bay c.1964….. Who knew?
See: https://gonedriving.ca/donut-detour-tim-horton-hamburgers/

Tim Horton Hamburgers, North Bay c.1964.jpg

My mother always threatened me with the Riot Act but I never knew what it was...same with my Grade 5 teacher who went on about the Golden Rule. No one ever explained these things.

I think the goal was more compliance than education (if your upbringing was anything like mine!)

Our Criminal Code Section 67 is based on English law that dates back to the 1700s:

67 A person who is

• (a) a justice, mayor or sheriff, or the lawful deputy of a mayor or sheriff,
  • (b) a warden or deputy warden of a prison, or
  • (c) the institutional head of a penitentiary, as those expressions are defined in subsection 2(1) of the Corrections and Conditional Release Act, or that person’s deputy,
who receives notice that, at any place within the jurisdiction of the person, twelve or more persons are unlawfully and riotously assembled together shall go to that place and, after approaching as near as is safe, if the person is satisfied that a riot is in progress, shall command silence and thereupon make or cause to be made in a loud voice a proclamation in the following words or to the like effect:

Her Majesty the Queen charges and commands all persons being assembled immediately to disperse and peaceably to depart to their habitations or to their lawful business on the pain of being guilty of an offence for which, on conviction, they may be sentenced to imprisonment for life. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

CNE grounds 22 years ago.....during Molson Indy TPL
The Blue Jays and Argos moved out of Exhibition Stadium and into SkyDome in May of 1989. Exhibition Stadium remained there until 1999, being used for very little except some outdoor summer grandstand concerts in the early part of the 1990s until the Molson Amphitheatre opened. Through the 1990s I always wondered why the Molson Indy never considered adding a new loop to the track layout through Exhibition Stadium. They might have had to tear down some part of the baseball stand to do it, but otherwise it probably would have saved them the work of building and taking down something like thirty or forty thousand temporary grandstand seats every year.

Last edited:
My Mother's medal for good attendance at school. Year or level is unknown but it would have been prior to 1930.View attachment 248089
I have one too! There were two levels, bronze for 4 years, and silver for 8 years. The Toronto School Board handed them out at the end of the year. I received mine in 1966 when I was graduating from Grade 8.

Wonderful tributes and keepsakes for a fine childhood.
Congratulations to all recipients.

Wonderful tributes and keepsakes for a fine childhood.
Congratulations to all recipients.

My brother got one from his time at Adam Beck on Lawlor Ave. I recall the disc fit into a small holder with a wire prop stand. We had it for years before I think it was 'housecleaned'. If you knew his scholastic record after that, the award would seem non-prescient.

This factory is perhaps the Reliable Bedstead Co. (1906), Weston Rd., e. side, s. of Lawrence Ave.
The factory is perhaps the Reliable Bedstead Co. (1906), Weston Rd., e. side, s. of Lawrence A...jpg

Back