News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Wow, Sterling Hayden looked 80s (the decade, not his age). And interesting mike-holding posture for Liberace...

Hey, no one has dug out any of the beauty contest pics from the archives? There are tons of those.:)

I'm guessing one of these teams is the Argos. These guys look too old to be U of T/university players.
pickford2.jpg

"Stand back and admire, boys. This coat cost me more than you'll make in you're entire, silly football careers. And if you think that's poppycock, you've got another thing comin', ya hear?"

Great find with the Swanson pic, deepend! Given the title of the thread, there is nothing more evocative of the past than seeing Hollywood stars in Toronto locations

that Swanson pic was a great Mustaphic contribution! i responded with the much easier to locate Sunset Boulevard still...

and yes, wow--Sterling Hayden and HIS HAIR--just spectacular.

sterlinghayden.jpg

as adma has pointed out, it has a strangely prescient vibe about it. of course, he looks totally cool. Spandau Ballet not so much.

spandau-ballet-anni-80.jpg

^ Yes, that last photo is beautiful. If I'm not mistaken there is a blurred shadow of someone walking along the left hand sidewalk in the shadow of the trees.

Peter Sellers?

Could that be Peter Sellers - with Sterling Hayden?

Sure looks like him!

Attachments

• sterlinghayden.jpg
    sterlinghayden.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 935
Could that be Peter Sellers - with Sterling Hayden

Looks more like a fat George C. Scott to me.

But obviously since this is the forties, it's impossible for that man to be either of them. Of course they were all in Dr. Strangelove together in 1962.

Last edited:
Franco?

I art directed a photo shoot with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans in the early '80s, and they were the nicest couple imaginable. I'd expected them to be hawkish Republicans, but they were charming. Having to dress up in ridiculous, tight-fitting "cowboy" costumes didn't phase them at all.

Franco?

I art directed a photo shoot with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans in the early '80s, and they were the nicest couple imaginable. I'd expected them to be hawkish Republicans, but they were charming. Having to dress up in ridiculous, tight-fitting "cowboy" costumes didn't phase them at all.

Franco sounds about right. whoever he is, he looks positively smitten with the glorious and louche Sterling....

Back