8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

carturo15

Member Bio
Reaction score
What would you change or modify to this studio floorplan unit? I definitely do not like the closet location, would you move the entire closet to the wall against the bathroom and laundry room? to leave a complete open concept or maybe leave the small part of the closet where it is by the entrance and move the other part to the wall against the bathroom? or would you leave everything as it is?

http://www.fashionhousecondos.com/floorplans/k704.pdf

Last edited:
What would you change or adjust to this studio unit? I definitely do not like the closet location, would you move the entire closet to the wall against the bathroom and laundry room? to leave a complete open concept or maybe leave the small part of the closet where it is by the entrance and move the other part to the wall against the bathroom? or would you leave everything as it is?

http://www.fashionhousecondos.com/floorplans/k704.pdf

Carturo15, I don't like the closet location either. I would move the entire closet to the wall against the bathroom, and keep the space open concept.

yes, I would take out the closets and put a island with a counter height breakfast bar, so that you eliminate a dining table in the living space.
Closets could be added along the wall on the other side of the w/d and shower. On that side of the living space (the wall on the right) is where I would put a murphy bed.
That should provide a nice open space for your living room.

Floorplan looks great. But since it's a fashionable house, show off your closet/designer clothes and kitchen gadgets with all glass closet walls and sliding doors! Perhaps have glass sliding doors on both sides--kitchen and entrance sides, so you can change between clothing and kitchen-themed "sculptures" to show off to your fashion model/stylist friends. :) The second closet--next to the dining area--could even be on wheels, allowing greater sense of space in the kitchen area, with a built in table/bar that would fold down. (Hide your walmart clothes in the basement locker room, or better--toss them!) Above the entrance could be a fold down shoe shelf/closet--if designer shoes are your thing....

Where the w/d is, you could build micro storage shelves (4" wide either interior or exterior) into the doors, perhaps with a sliding garage door style door.

The goal is to keep the living/dining room as rectangular/"square" as possible, because that's where you'll spend most of your time.

You could probably achieve my concept(s) for under $10,000, maybe even under $3000 if you have connections (like I do:)) in the glass business....

Go with a murphy bed concept, again, preferably on wheels--don't you get bored of sleeping in the same damn location all the time like I do?

Last edited:

Back