News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

At that Council meeting, the rezoning application was referred to Public Hearing. The rezoning will be considered at the Public Hearing. If rezoning is eventually approved, then the standard Urban Design Panel and Development Permit Board processes will start.

I'm not keen on the design - maybe it's just the flat top that I don't like or maybe because it looks too 60s.

Looks kind of like a square version of Chicago's Marina City buildings.

I love reading the comments of the design review panel. Design review panel! Goodness gracious, I'm feeling faint.

I was very envious at first- but then i saw the rendering. Not bad persay, but certainly not his best effort.

WHEN he builds in TO I'm sure he will do better.

The Leslie Dan Pharmacy Building at U of T is by Foster & Partners.

I sat next to an architect who works at Foster's London office recently at a wedding in England. He was aware that the Vancouver project had been sent back for revisions. He wasn't particularly aware of the Toronto building though. He said the organization is a bit of a "factory" with over 600 employees, and that Foster himself doesn't have much of a hand in many of their projects. But having worked there will look good on his cv. He knew of Calatrava's BCE Galleria, and OCAD, but wasn't really aware of the size of the city and the population growth that is fuelling so much construction here.

He wasn't particularly aware of the Toronto building though. He said the organization is a bit of a "factory" with over 600 employees, and that Foster himself doesn't have much of a hand in many of their projects.

I think a lot of us suspected this when the pharmacy building images were released.

The Foster partner who worked on the Leslie Dan Building is the same one doing the Vancouver project.

BTW, here's the website for the Vancouver condo, called Jameson House:

www.jamesonfoster.com/

officedweller:

Stephen Best? He was there for the OAA tour of Pharmacy this past May.

Quite an interesting folk.

GB

The July 28, 2005 news release from Fosters said the team leader was Nigel Dancey, Senior Partner.

Here's a pic of the Jameson tower that I took recently, nicely contrasting with the old Credit Foncier building on the corner.

Nov.11 '15, my pic

Back