News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Not really. As an eyesore as it is...it keeps most of the commuting traffic from clogging up the lake shore. So if it's going to be removed, it should be replaced with something that's not going to allow that...and that's where it starts to become really expensive, to my understanding.
Yeah I agree and tbh, if they are able to replicate the success of the bentway across the entirety of the Gardiner I'm actually excited about what kind of public space it could become!

Not really. As an eyesore as it is...it keeps most of the commuting traffic from clogging up the lake shore. So if it's going to be removed, it should be replaced with something that's not going to allow that...and that's where it starts to become really expensive, to my understanding.
Downtown Montreal has a tunnel.
I realize that's going to be expensive to build, but I think it's the best option.
Maybe even make it a modestly charged toll road??

Yeah I agree and tbh, if they are able to replicate the success of the bentway across the entirety of the Gardiner I'm actually excited about what kind of public space it could become!
What about running the entire Gardiner through new condo buildings??

gate-tower-building-highway-japan.jpg

I actually think this would be worse - even less public space and more of a wall between the waterfront and downtown. Animate the space underneath and put some real $$$ into bringing waterfront themes up to it. Make it a true destination unto itself.

1654701723691.png

When I worked at 3900 Yonge Street (York Mills Place) doing security, the parking was on the same levels as the condo units. You could walk from your condo straight to your car on the same floor.

The problem was exhaust and noise. The fumes from the cars was minimally controllable and the noise penetrated into units.

Also, I am not sure running a highway through a condo would even be up to code.

Downtown Montreal has a tunnel.
I realize thats going to be expensive to build, but I think its the best option.
Maybe even make it a modestly charged toll road??
I was at a Habour Front presentation around the turn of this century where they planning to do just that. But then, as it is now, I think it's too Boston sized expensive to pull off.

June 11th-I had no idea what this was when I was shooting it this morning. Fortunately, this thread was at the top of the forum.

Here is a short video (HD version was still processing when I posted)

Here are some photos:
DJI_0495.JPG
DJI_0502.JPG
DJI_0498.JPG
DJI_0493.JPG
DJI_0540.JPG

Back