News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Choose Igneous (eg. granite) for your cladding. As FCP will now do... or so it's rumoured.

I hope they consider a modernization:

2.jpg

3.jpg

Imagine a big black granite photoscene of the Yukon instead of a Ukranian gangster, but you could keep the same dope transformers type. Maybe each panel has the face of a Canadian on it, or a crazy money print all over the building, or better yet big gold chain print:

feb28-4.jpg

Or just face the whole thing in LEDs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQUpk1lvNE&feature=related

You could give control of the facade to a different person each night and use it as one giant on-going interactive public light installation.

One rarely sees nice grisaille work these days, and those aren't nice grisaille work.

There was a small figure study of the male torso in Italian Arts and Design: The 20th Century a couple of years ago, and sections of the large painting of Krishna in the temporary display of religious art in the new South Asia gallery use the technique, but it doesn't come along very often.

One rarely sees nice grisaille work these days, and those aren't nice grisaille work.

Oh really? I had actually selected them because I felt they were some of the finest examples of grisaille out there today. Certainly commissioned by men of both wealth and taste.

For the best in contemporary Tombstone Baroque around these parts, go to the cemetery in Newmarket--those stones manufactured by Luesby are to, er, die for...

Don't forget, boys and girls, admission to the Gardiner ( Man-Eating Tiger!! Grrrr!!! ) is free tomorrow after 4 pm.

The fillum at 6 pm is ... Joan Miro: Theatre of Dreams ( 1978 ) 60 mins.

Don't forget, boys and girls, admission to the Gardiner ( Man-Eating Tiger!! Grrrr!!! ) is free tomorrow after 4 pm.

The fillum at 6 pm is ... Joan Miro: Theatre of Dreams ( 1978 ) 60 mins.
is this a weekly/monthly occurance?

thanks for the info US. told my mom about it since she loves that sorta stuff.

The garishly-painted figures in Man-Eating Tiger were worth trudging through the snow to see. Great little show.

The restaurant was pretty quiet though - hurry the day when it becomes a nice exhibition space instead. What a shame the small contemporary ceramics gallery seems like such an afterthought. Strange priorities.

I noticed that the panelling on the coat-check room is veneer rather than solid wood.

I have finally been inside the Gardiner and really enjoyed it; especially the third floor. Also noticed how nicely it seems to nestle alongside the Homemakers Building. I hope that whichever institution occupies it in the future sees the potential to create a lot of connections and/or continuous space between these two structures.

Any opportunity for the Gardiner to expand, at some point? Are they still adding to their collection or is it a 'complete' collection.

^While I was at the museum I overheard a staff member tell a touring 'VIP' (reporter) that several significant collections were being donated now that they had a suitable facility.

That's exciting. This must place the Gardiner as one of the most important collections of its kind, no?

Alexandra Montgomery has said she'd love the Museum to buy a few more of the large Meissen animal and bird figurines, made for Augustus the Strong. A group of such major pieces would be a tremendous draw. They come up for auction now and then.

Back