News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yes, there are some very old things here that are not great. So over time it may improve, but in the short term, more green would help a lot

I'd take some care and attention outside of the SW Equipment Yard...

This drives me nuts. Money spent on multiple benches backing on to Gateway in front of Cook County Saloon. Do designers actually use benches in urban areas? Because sitting two feet from exhaust seems to be a no Brainer of what not to do.
20231005_184453.jpg

Attachments

• 20231005_184453.jpg
    20231005_184453.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 30
God I’m ngl, having that expanded that sidewalk makes that area much, MUCH more attractive to walk in. The amount of times I felt like I was going to get hit or get swiped by a car there has been too many times.
Agreed. Plus for better or worse the scramble has really calmed traffic here. It's like walking next to a three lane drive thru now more than an arterial.

This drives me nuts. Money spent on multiple benches backing on to Gateway in front of Cook County Saloon. Do designers actually use benches in urban areas? Because sitting two feet from exhaust seems to be a no Brainer of what not to do.
I don't disagree that most people probably won't be chilling beside Gateway, but I'm glad they are putting in benches for pedestrians. Makes the public realm better and there are lots of residents that may need a bench when walking around, like seniors or people who have been enjoying beverages at Cook County.

The real travesty is the benches that are facing traffic on Jasper. Seems totally non-sensical.

View attachment 511483
The only person using those benches will be homeless sleeping overnight. Brain dead people decided to include those in the design.

Well the parked cars, at least the ones not idling with someone in them, mean the person (or persons) that came in them are probably out walking down the street, going to nearby businesses.

You can have an issue with how those people get there, but the reality is that is how many people in this city travel. Its actually the cars driving by and using the road as a thoroughfare that don't contribute to vitality, but some roads, like this one, do need to be main roads.

Back