33K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 3.3K     0 

Joborule

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Calgary
Awesome job U of C! They really have come a long ways. While we don’t have the historic buildings of many universities in Canada, maybe we can become the most modern/futuristic looking campus. Now to re-do Mac Hall, bulldoze Craigie Hall, and renovate the Education building.
Think Education recently had an internal renovation within the past decade? So don't think the envelope will get any attention soon. But a building that badly needs to be renovated/expanded is the Kinesiology Block A building. It's stuck in the 60s, and doesn't function well for the current student population, and evolving University District.

darwink

Member Bio
Reaction score
Think Education recently had an internal renovation within the past decade? So don't think the envelope will get any attention soon. But a building that badly needs to be renovated/expanded is the Kinesiology Block A building. It's stuck in the 60s, and doesn't function well for the current student population, and evolving University District.
Kines is a high priority project. Finding money for it though…
1667686978824.png

O-tac

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Calgary
Anyone know what's happening at the Blackfoot Trailer Park? Looks like they're finally clearing it out. I know there's been proposals for that site for over a decade. Will it simply be an extension of Meadows Mile?

DougB

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Perth
Anyone know what's happening at the Blackfoot Trailer Park? Looks like they're finally clearing it out. I know there's been proposals for that site for over a decade. Will it simply be an extension of Meadows Mile?
I think it has some slope stability issues that still need to be resolved. Can't see it being redeveloped as anything other than strip mall

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
I forget the name of the tower, but that 70s high rise in Bridgeland is having its windows boarded up today. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors now.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not yet. The redevelopment of the building site has only been mentioned a bit here. A little shocked to see it being closed down.