News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Is that published anywhere? The newest draft I can see from July has bussing in that direction. Though it's certainly in the latest Region of York plan.

That's the discussion paper that was released earlier this year. The final plan will be released later this year.

1636145156887.png

Attachments

• 1636145156989.png
    1636145156989.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 87
That's the discussion paper that was released earlier this year. The final plan will be released later this year.
Surely there's steps between the announcement of the discussion, and a final plan with stuff not even on the table at the start of the discussion!

Is it in? Is it out? If you do the hokey pokey and.....

Oh never mind...

Is it in? Is it out? If you do the hokey pokey and.....

Oh never mind...

Sad. The place that according to the government absolutely must have a freeway doesn't need transit improvements.

Sad. The place that according to the government absolutely must have a freeway doesn't need transit improvements.
Was just going to make that point.

I was listening to Minister Peter Bethlenfalvy’s interview about the Ontario economic update on The Agenda and there was zero mention of transit. But highways came up A LOT. The OPC is really betting on putting money into highways and using that to paper over travel issues in this area.

Was just going to make that point.

I was listening to Minister Peter Bethlenfalvy’s interview about the Ontario economic update on The Agenda and there was zero mention of transit. But highways came up A LOT. The OPC is really betting on putting money into highways and using that to paper over travel issues in this area.
PC spending on transit still exceeds roads by a factor of 3-4x. The fall economic update document itself spends more time discussing transit than roads.

The PCs are just trying to leverage the highways as a wedge issue for the election.

In some ways I almost don’t feel like shouting about this too much….

Assuming the 413 does happen bus connections from Woodbine GO really will be pretty damn good in terms of the 2050ish horizon and it’s not like Orangeville where the corridor itself has a use it or lose it aspect to consider.

With talk of all day Milton service ramping up it seems like the province is already putting thought into the next rounds of GO expansion and I agree that this is a rational next step. Especially with the growth happening in south Caledon, this will be much needed.

Back