News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There needs to be a 4 track from Bramalea to Brampton to make the whole corridor 4 tracks from Georgetown to Bramalea like I stated back around 2002 for the EA to add a 2nd track to the corridor. CN then added the 3rd track during the construction of that 2nd track on GO dime.

I am assuming there will be 4 tracks over the Credit River as the current bridge supports is setup for a 3rd track now and not that had to add a 4th pier support on the south side.

I thought Malton was 4 tracks when they made the corridor 4 tracks west of the station to Bramalea??
Right now its 3 tracks but there is a very obvious space just recently added for the 4th track. Like the both the Airport Road Bridge and Derry Road Bridge have space for the 4th track. As well the Torbram road bridge is also for 4 tracks

In the maps bellow, green denotes current in place track and red is assuming where the track would go?
credit river.jpg

derry.jpg

Last edited:
Right now its 3 tracks but there is a very obvious space just recently added for the 4th track. Like the both the Airport Road Bridge and Derry Road Bridge have space for the 4th track. As well the Torbram road bridge is also for 4 tracks

In the maps bellow, green denotes current in place track and red is assuming where the track would go?
View attachment 361286

View attachment 361287
I know that west of Torbram Rd to as far as I can zoom out to the east, there are 4 tracks with block signals in operation. The tracks east of Torbram were 4 tracks with signals before the grade separation took place. Track 1 connects to CN Halton Sub. All the overpass from Bramalea to the east will support 4 tracks with some supporting more.

There is still one grade crossing west of Airport Rd that has been opposed by Mississauga Council to be grade separated.

I know that west of Torbram Rd to as far as I can zoom out to the east, there are 4 tracks with block signals in operation. The tracks east of Torbram were 4 tracks with signals before the grade separation took place. Track 1 connects to CN Halton Sub. All the overpass from Bramalea to the east will support 4 tracks with some supporting more.

There is still one grade crossing west of Airport Rd that has been opposed by Mississauga Council to be grade separated.
That sucks that Mississauga City Council opposed the separation of Scaboro Street because I always see a line up of cars on the north side usually.

That sucks that Mississauga City Council opposed the separation of Scaboro Street because I always see a line up of cars on the north side usually.
Its also the issue with Metrolinx who refused to put in a walkway tunnel if the crossing is close due to the long walking distance if one is not there. Its my car is more important than having to drive an extra 1.5 km if the road is close.

What I've observed at Malton Go is the north most track is being rehabilitated for use along with the north platform being widened for use with Go Trains and space being made for a 4th north service track. I don't have pictures on me but I'll send next time I go by
The plan through Malton is to turn the north service track into a full mainline, along with upgrading the platform face at the station.

But there are no plans to install a 4th track through there at this time.

Dan

*cross-post w/service thread*

This seems a bit old as news goes, and so may well have been posted already, but I couldn't turn it up with search............

Tender is out for the 4th track in the K-W corridor from Lansdowne to Black Creek:

1636400475248.png

*cross-post w/service thread*

This seems a bit old as news goes, and so may well have been posted already, but I couldn't turn it up with search............

Tender is out for the 4th track in the K-W corridor from Lansdowne to Black Creek:

View attachment 361528
Not posted that I know of and not surprise to see this.

This is a hop scot project as various sections have the 4th track already.

What is interesting is to Black Creek since the St Clair Station has yet to be built as well rebuilt St Clair overpass along with the New Gunn road and overpass.

Then there is the Bloor Station area.

Next year they will be placing the 4th track at Weston GO Station that will complete the 4 tracks from the west side of Islington to Black Creek.

The Lansdown work leaves only track 7 to be built for the Milton Line as well track 1 for the Barrie Line. Track 1 will happen when they start working on tracking it over the Diamond after track 2 is done.

Good to see the progress. I think the GO Expansion twitter is either early or they share the same definition of "completion" as John Tory does to describe Union Station.

This.

It’s great to see each piece fall into place, but the lack of candour over the timetable for the line as a whole is, well, less impressive. We are still waiting for bridgework to be completed on the original contracts (begun in 2017) and stations at Kennedy and Agincourt to be finished to enable more frequent 2-way service.

The political urge to celebrate as if the job has been completed is disappointing. It also harms accountability - how many pieces of the original design have been redesigned along the way? Sticking to a plan is not a ML strength.

- Paul

To be fair, we're not talking about a press release here, it's just a construction update on a Metrolinx twitter account which posts construction updates. The people who follow that account (such as myself) are doing so specifically for the smaller updates which don't warrant full articles on their blog, such as a new permanent platform beginning regular service.

The only issue I see here is that the post should have said "the opening of a new platform" not "the completion of a new platform". But even then, if we really want to be pedantic, then Metrolinx may be technically correct - the platform itself is indeed complete, it's just the roof above it which isn't.

To be fair, we're not talking about a press release here, it's just a construction update on a Metrolinx twitter account which posts construction updates. The people who follow that account (such as myself) are doing so specifically for the smaller updates which don't warrant full articles on their blog, such as a new permanent platform beginning regular service.

The only issue I see here is that the post should have said "the opening of a new platform" not "the completion of a new platform". But even then, if we really want to be pedantic, then Metrolinx may be technically correct - the platform itself is indeed complete, it's just the roof above it which isn't.

Fair enough. I may be overly prickly on the point, but far too often these modest announcements do seem to morph into more grandiose Del Ducaisms.

The term “substantial completion” is too project-speaky for public communications, but there ought to be some clear difference in tone or language that differentiates the small steps from the bigger victories. Neither Unionville station nor the Stouffville line are anywheres approaching that milestone.

BTW I’m told there will be a pocket track at Unionville eventually, allowing turnback service at times. The signalling for that is being roughed in at the moment.

- Paul

BTW I’m told there will be a pocket track at Unionville eventually, allowing turnback service at times. The signalling for that is being roughed in at the moment.

- Paul
Yes, that pocket track is included in the New Track and Facilities TPAP. The included drawing, dated October 2020, shows the extra track on the east side, which is surprising since from the construction photos it looks like the extra track would go on the west side.

a.jpg

Back