6BA44D9D-B989-49B1-B978-8C15FE21CA8F.jpeg
6FD97710-5BCB-4452-A2F1-68A360D4FCAF.jpeg
8D1DB337-99D6-4B64-B2A4-5C1DF4A2D543.jpeg
F8F3C71B-6C87-42BA-8C93-F0886B6034A0.jpeg
F9504F12-C885-4F22-822B-013B769F3ADE.jpeg
421DAD7A-D1A4-4891-9C01-E39A7BF9B691.jpeg
5780D1DB-2C29-4AA9-9839-6127DDBE7244.jpeg
1524665F-39D8-433D-8DEF-6315CFCC8B02.jpeg

Had a look at Bramalea GO station yesterday and almost complete. Compacting the Steeles entrance/exit that will ether see more concrete pour for it or be asphalted Once done along with the rest of the platform sidewalk built to the street, the entrance will be ready to open.

Been 5 month since I was last there and see no increase of cars in the structure, but there are a number of cars on the surface lot that is open.

Did not had a look at the track extension as I was on a timetable, but hope to do it this week.

133A4151.JPG
133A4193.JPG
133A4208.JPG

Attachments

• 133A4150.JPG
    133A4150.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 133A4191.JPG
    133A4191.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 54
Had a look at Bramalea GO station yesterday and almost complete. Compacting the Steeles entrance/exit that will ether see more concrete pour for it or be asphalted Once done along with the rest of the platform sidewalk built to the street, the entrance will be ready to open.

Been 5 month since I was last there and see no increase of cars in the structure, but there are a number of cars on the surface lot that is open.

Did not had a look at the track extension as I was on a timetable, but hope to do it this week.

View attachment 438827View attachment 438829View attachment 438824

The Steeles Avenue bus exit is so far behind, but it’ll be great when it finally opens.

The Steeles Avenue bus exit is so far behind, but it’ll be great when it finally opens.
It also explained the backup on Steeles coming from the west where it was backup from the traffic lights to the exit/entrance for both the buses and car lanes. I was expecting to see a finish station, but it still not finish including the Steeles mess.

Weston GO Station
Track 1 is in place with work still taking place south of the station to the block area. Concrete ties were used in place of wooden ties like the other 3 tracks. Crew where placing the wire mesh for part of the fence between track 1 & 2 that is less than 50% of it that is ready for it. Otherwise, platform is almost ready to be open.

Mount Dennis
Tons of work still to be done on all the platform with eastside needing the most work. The other platforms missing a lot of roof flashing with the west one needing a base for the railing system as will grading and grass.

The east side sidewalk and cycle path still close with fencing missing in places. The main entrance area is basely done with grass and retaining wall going in for the vent area and could be done by the end of this week. Eastbound Eglinton down to single lane at the bridge as duct work being install near the NO Frills traffic light.

Been 5 month since I was last there and see no increase of cars in the structure,
It was remembrance day so alot of people had the day off... usually the first 2 levels are full with 3rd being at 50% and spots being taken on outside

It was remembrance day so alot of people had the day off... usually the first 2 levels are full with 3rd being at 50% and spots being taken on outside
That make true, but need seen the 3rd having any parking at all. The 2nd level hasn't been close to 50% and was about 30% on my visits. Some may had to do with surface parking taking place, but on a small scale.

Kennedy GO
The 2nd track has been ballast, but still a lot of work. No cut in/switch in place at the south end, and fail to look at the north end.

The east platform has a lot of work still to be done before riders can use it. There is a 2nd ramp at the south end to go with the north end. The elevator for the south end in place and no idea if it workable.

The west platform was block off that prevent me having a closure look at the east one as well the south end.

Agincourt GO
Still a lot of work to be done on both platform, but able to use the north end to get from platform to platform as well the walkway. Parking lot fully completed and open to all areas. The west entrance from Sheppard still need more work with the east one not far behind it compare to my last visit

The 2 white post at the south end still say signal bridge is to go end after the 2nd line goes into service

Track 1 still waiting to be ballast and most likely happen after it get extend to the north now the crossing has been removed.
133A4721.JPG
133A4725.JPG
133A4749.JPG
133A4748.JPG
133A4767.JPG
133A4778.JPG
133A4782.JPG
133A4787.JPG

In other countries train station are a destination with restaurants, shops and a place to live, like a community. Each station has its own vibe.

The Yonge subway has some of that and Sheppard is now finally getting some development 20 years after its built. I noticed that with crosstown there are developments that are springing up as we get closer to the opening.

My point is that we cannot keep using this model of building a station and expect people to drive there and park to take the train to the city. We need to be doing a better job building communities around these stations. Look at Unionville, there is now a plan to create a new downtown within walking distance of the station but 20 years too late.

New stations like Gormley and Bloomington barely have transit connections so you have no choice but to drive there. We need to do a better job integrating them into a community, and planning development when the station is getting built. Not 20 years later. Even North York Centre was the vision of former mayor Mel Lastman who wanted to make North York it's own city with its own downtown, and a lot has changed in 20 years, the redevelopment of this area is finally taking shape as we make it more pedestrian friendly.
Hear hear! My Japanese husband is totally confounded by this as that's usual there. About Unionville specifically, we went there last year by GO and were annoyed the train went to a parking lot 20min from the main tourist area even though it still passes right through the main tourist area and the old station's still there. At least on weekends, I don't understand why they won't stop at the old station.

Last edited:
Hear hear! My Japanese husband is totally confounded by this as that's usual there. About Unionville specifically, we went there last year by GO and were annoyed the train went to a parking lot 20min from the main tourist area even though it still passes right through the main tourist area and the old station's still there. At least on weekends, I don't understand why they won't stop at the old station.
No free parking or place to park. The buildings are heritage as well to close to the other stations. I have no issues with no parking as well to close to other stations.

A nice little village to visit, especially at Christmas.

There are heritage stations still being use as a train station today in NA. Some are bus terminals as well.

The NY metro (that includes many of the towns along the various NJT lines) and PA are really, really nice for the older train stations in the centre of town - and those are still served by Metro North, NJT and SEPTA.

Sidenote: those areas are nowhere near as sprawly as the GTA. I suspect that New York’s willingness to densify (at least into the early 1900s), those towns development before cars were ubiquitous, and natural features such as hills and valleys served as mitigating factors.

Will the service pattern remain single track until the demolition of the RT, or will both tracks be used with only half a platform on the west side until the RT demolition?

Will the service pattern remain single track until the demolition of the RT, or will both tracks be used with only half a platform on the west side until the RT demolition?

Once the shift happens, there is no second track from the end of the west platform southwards to Scarborough Jct, so use of that platform is moot. It's likely that the RT will be gone before that section gets double tracked, yes.

Double track begins just north of the Kennedy platform and extends northwards.

- Paul

Back