IMG_1563.jpeg
IMG_1562.jpeg
Officially closed the Campbell construction entrance:

A local group that has continued to advocate for the connection between Lappin and Antler is hosting an event next weekend.

I want to be optimistic that the connection could happen, because of how I would benefit from it personally. But I've been reading the UT forums for long enough now to know what the most likely outcome is :(

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lappin-antler-spring-cleanup-tickets-870611511467
1713189555856.png

A local group that has continued to advocate for the connection between Lappin and Antler is hosting an event next weekend.

I want to be optimistic that the connection could happen, because of how I would benefit from it personally. But I've been reading the UT forums for long enough now to know what the most likely outcome is :(

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lappin-antler-spring-cleanup-tickets-870611511467
View attachment 556397
I live in the Junction Triangle and I don't understand the fixation people have with this connection. If you walk or cycle, you can get to the other side through Campbell park, which is adjacent to Antler. If you drive, just go to Wallace. By car, that's not even 20 seconds.

Last year, when the Bloor-Lansdowne GO Station's funding was up for review, I tried to rally support from members of the community to make sure that station gets built, and people were telling me that the Lappin connection is where we should concentrate our efforts!!! People were willing to sacrifice a $150M neighbourhood enhancement for 5 metres of road!

@evanb, why is this connection important to you? I honestly want to understand what is so animating about connecting these two roads when you can so easily access the other side.

I live in the Junction Triangle and I don't understand the fixation people have with this connection. If you walk or cycle, you can get to the other side through Campbell park, which is adjacent to Antler. If you drive, just go to Wallace. By car, that's not even 20 seconds.

Last year, when the Bloor-Lansdowne GO Station's funding was up for review, I tried to rally support from members of the community to make sure that station gets built, and people were telling me that the Lappin connection is where we should concentrate our efforts!!! People were willing to sacrifice a $150M neighbourhood enhancement for 5 metres of road!

@evanb, why is this connection important to you? I honestly want to understand what is so animating about connecting these two roads when you can so easily access the other side.

You won't be able to get completely through to the other side of the tracks anywhere between Wallace and Dupont. It's all private property. If that Antler/Lappin connections is made, then it shortens the connection for many people who may want to get to Campbell Park (or from the Campbell side to Lansdowne/Lappin, etc).

1713212848566.png

Red: Private property line / fences
Green: Existing crossings of the corridor
Orange: The additional crossing that many people want

Edit to add: I don't think anyone is requesting to open up the Antler-Lappin connection to cars (that would be a shit idea), but it sure would be nice to be able to walk/bike across there.

Last edited:
You won't be able to get completely through to the other side of the tracks anywhere between Wallace and Dupont. It's all private property. If that Antler/Lappin connections is made, then it shortens the connection for many people who may want to get to Campbell Park (or from the Campbell side to Lansdowne/Lappin, etc).

View attachment 556596
Red: Private property line / fences
Green: Existing crossings of the corridor
Orange: The additional crossing that many people want

Edit to add: I don't think anyone is requesting to open up the Antler-Lappin connection to cars (that would be a shit idea), but it sure would be nice to be able to walk/bike across there.
Ah, I never noticed that it was fenced along that entire corridor. The condo north of Lappin and the Ubisoft parking lot might open up for the convenience of residents and employees, but a public access point makes a lot of sense. I stand corrected. I can see why people want this access point, but I still don't understand why the neighbors I spoke to thought this was more important than the GO station.

Thanks for the clarification, @vic

Also, yes, car access through Antler would be a terrible idea!

Yeah, I would love it if there were more entrances into this trail. Would benefit many. I can see why private property owners would be hesitant though. Don't think they would want just anyone walking or cycling through their parking lots.

Good examples of this existing nearby though - e.g. the Henderson entrance to the West Toronto Railpath.

Agree about the GO station!

Back