^ Maybe they'll time the first revenue service train for May 26, 2014 which I think was the first revenue service day for the West Toronto Grade Separation.

68A0A8EA-4856-4810-A705-4AAAD1697EA7.jpeg

Three Words: Very Good Catch!
Thank you! And from what I've heard from the King-Liberty ST meeting, the bell-ringing pilot involves discontinuing that bell sound you hear when a GO or UPX arrives or leaves a station which I'm honestly in favor of. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any suburban rail agency outside of NA featuring this practice. The pilot will take place at Bloor and Weston stations for the UPX. It's so much more pleasant not hearing that bell-ringing. Example below.

Thank you! And from what I've heard from the King-Liberty ST meeting, the bell-ringing pilot involves discontinuing that bell sound you hear when a GO or UPX arrives or leaves a station which I'm honestly in favor of. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any suburban rail agency outside of NA featuring this practice. The pilot will take place at Bloor and Weston stations for the UPX. It's so much more pleasant not hearing that bell-ringing. Example below.
This is really good to hear. I live about 200m from a platform and removing the bell ringing would be amazing. I am constantly being awoken by it in the morning as the high pitch noise seems to go right through my condo walls.

Hallelujah! This is nothing more than a) FRA BS (fortunately Toronto is exempt from trains doing the four horn blows when crossing grade-level crossings) and b) some ridiculous vestige of 'the way things used to be' among some folk. It makes everything feel stuck in the 1860s. Anachronistic nonsense.

Alternatively, can I suggest:

^Transport Canada has a real tunnel vision around safety - far more interested in rigid enforcement of outdated rules than in finding innovative new approaches that may be even safer.

Much as I love the SNCf jingle (it’s the ring tone on my phone, actually) I’d love UPX more if they added a “Mind the Gap” at the end.

- Paul

A few tidbits of news from Metrolinx:

"To facilitate construction of the elevated guideway, truck traffic and construction activity will start to increase at our contractor's yard at 640 Lansdowne (corner of Lansdowne Avenue and Paton Road). Truck traffic will noticeably increase due to frequent concrete girder deliveries into the yard via large tractor trailers and regular concrete girder transportation from the yard into the rail corridor via self-propelled modular transporters (SPMTs). Within the yard, crews will be post-tensioning the concrete girders using tensioning equipment, and a gantry crane will be used to offload the girders. Lastly, the launcher system that will be used to install the girders for the elevated guideway will also be stored in the yard until it can be set up in the rail corridor."

More details on that in the flyer: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/greaterregion/projects/docs/davenport/Notice-640Lansdowne-Nov15.pdf

---

Metrolinx virtual open house will give update on Davenport Diamond Greenway​

Design on the Greenway is well underway and Metrolinx will share the updates in an upcoming virtual open house. Residents can participate by reviewing and commenting on project materials during a two-week period as of November 29 and by attending a live session with the project team on December 13.

---

More updates on guideway construction in the latest Metrolinx email newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/community/toronto-west-project-e-news-oct-29th-13362890

They've uploaded their renderings for the greenway and wow what a bunch of liars they are. Basically their plan is to do a little landscaping under the guideway. There aren't any plans for a market, dog park, swings, tables, embellishments on the columns, and the bridge on Dupont is a far cry from what was originally shown. I am so pissed with Metrolinx.

A few tidbits of news from Metrolinx:

"To facilitate construction of the elevated guideway, truck traffic and construction activity will start to increase at our contractor's yard at 640 Lansdowne (corner of Lansdowne Avenue and Paton Road). Truck traffic will noticeably increase due to frequent concrete girder deliveries into the yard via large tractor trailers and regular concrete girder transportation from the yard into the rail corridor via self-propelled modular transporters (SPMTs). Within the yard, crews will be post-tensioning the concrete girders using tensioning equipment, and a gantry crane will be used to offload the girders. Lastly, the launcher system that will be used to install the girders for the elevated guideway will also be stored in the yard until it can be set up in the rail corridor."

More details on that in the flyer: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/greaterregion/projects/docs/davenport/Notice-640Lansdowne-Nov15.pdf

---

Metrolinx virtual open house will give update on Davenport Diamond Greenway​

Design on the Greenway is well underway and Metrolinx will share the updates in an upcoming virtual open house. Residents can participate by reviewing and commenting on project materials during a two-week period as of November 29 and by attending a live session with the project team on December 13.

---

More updates on guideway construction in the latest Metrolinx email newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/community/toronto-west-project-e-news-oct-29th-13362890

From the presentation:

1638236106357.png

1638236129681.png

1638236149407.png

1638236175292.png

1638236194212.png

1638236220011.png

1638236253182.png

1638236275263.png

1638236295691.png

1638236319281.png

1638236329538.png