News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yeah, it's not even three months since 206 was delivered. For any vehicle that has been extensively refurbished, that is nothing.

Yeah, it's not even three months since 206 was delivered. For any vehicle that has been extensively refurbished, that is nothing.

Depending on when it was promised, and what other work has come up, the slot in the shop schedule may have been deferred. Early delivery is as bad as late delivery sometimes. Maybe it's more efficient to wait until there are multiple cars to process, so the same shop people do them all and get the benefit of the learning curve. Could be any number of reasons why the shop isn't rushing to put 'em in service.

So long as trains aren't being cancelled for lack of serviceable equipment, nobody cares except impatient foamers.

- Paul

Well turns out my previous assertion was incorrect, because look who showed up on CN 435. (image not mine)
934BD4D8-80FC-4CE8-93A3-7F5A7F7E34E9.jpeg

Last edited:
It might not be that, I'm sure there is a process to accept anything that has been modified.
You need to do static testing, perform training for crews, maintenance people and even cleaners.
And then create procedures and manuals.

Before being accepted into service they need to ensure everything is perfect. The last thing you want is for it to enter service and nobody knows what to do in order to fix it.
then again the cab car is more or less then same as it was delivered save for some detailed upgrades on some minor equipment. there shouldnt be much delay for EIS due to the above itmes

Depending on when it was promised, and what other work has come up, the slot in the shop schedule may have been deferred. Early delivery is as bad as late delivery sometimes. Maybe it's more efficient to wait until there are multiple cars to process, so the same shop people do them all and get the benefit of the learning curve. Could be any number of reasons why the shop isn't rushing to put 'em in service.

So long as trains aren't being cancelled for lack of serviceable equipment, nobody cares except impatient foamers.

- Paul
Keep in mind, when I saw 206 at mac (I had to move it from R yard cause we can't hump passenger coaches) the A end was facing north/east, so it will need to be wyed at some point. It was also pain to move since you can't ride it since metrolinx removed the stur ups and handles on the outside... 212 looks to be facing the correct direction however

Keep in mind, when I saw 206 at mac (I had to move it from R yard cause we can't hump passenger coaches) the A end was facing north/east, so it will need to be wyed at some point. It was also pain to move since you can't ride it since metrolinx removed the stur ups and handles on the outside... 212 looks to be facing the correct direction however
Being delivered in the wrong direction isn't that big a deal, and it happens pretty regularly. They'll run the car down to the TMC and either use the wye or the turntable to spin it around and in the right direction.

Another reason why the car may not be in service yet is that equipment may need to be replaced on it. For instance although passenger cars are not supposed to be coupled to freight cars equipped with shelf couplers, it happens with alarming regularity and so the diaphram (or diaphrams) may need to be replaced.

Dan

Another reason why the car may not be in service yet is that equipment may need to be replaced on it.
Last time I saw 206, all it was doing was just sitting outside attached to a cut of cars with no locos attached (along with 206 facing east) at Willowbrook. I did see it had the diaphrams installed on both A and B ends though.

Being delivered in the wrong direction isn't that big a deal, and it happens pretty regularly. They'll run the car down to the TMC and either use the wye or the turntable to spin it around and in the right direction.

Another reason why the car may not be in service yet is that equipment may need to be replaced on it. For instance although passenger cars are not supposed to be coupled to freight cars equipped with shelf couplers, it happens with alarming regularity and so the diaphram (or diaphrams) may need to be replaced.

Dan
what is tmc?

Dan
I didn't know that they still have a working turn table. Where is it?

It's nice but the one on the steam train to Wakefield QC was better. The youngsters who played fiddle tunes on the way up would get out and twirl the steam engine around for the trip home.
1675433275855.png

You know I've noticed something

It seems as though for the 6 remaining classic style cab cars (252-257, with 251 excluded for now), GO seems to be having them running on solely 12 car trains on mostly the Lakeshore and Milton lines. They only sometimes rarely go on 12 car trips on the Barrie or Stouffville, but then afterwards return onto the Lakeshore or Milton.

Could GO potentially do the same with 200-214?

You know I've noticed something

It seems as though for the 6 remaining classic style cab cars (252-257, with 251 excluded for now), GO seems to be having them running on solely 12 car trains on mostly the Lakeshore and Milton lines. They only sometimes rarely go on 12 car trips on the Barrie or Stouffville, but then afterwards return onto the Lakeshore or Milton.

Could GO potentially do the same with 200-214?
If I was GO, I'd want to keep the flat-nosed cabs on predominantly passenger-only routes as much as possible as they do not have CEM. This logic doesn't apply if they're running on the Milton Line however.

Back