News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Drill rig now on site.

20221117_110555.jpg

Has anyone seen any plan views of the new model, so we can figure out the new track layout of the south platforms?

Here's the old layout, demolished platforms/tracks in red
UnionStationSouth-old.JPG

Looking at the video of the walkthrough, this is my best guess at the new layout.
UnionStationSouth-new.JPG

It's hard to tell from the video if there is a track on the south side of the southernmost platform.

Has anyone seen any plan views of the new model, so we can figure out the new track layout of the south platforms?

View attachment 451399

Looking at the video of the walkthrough, this is my best guess at the new layout.
View attachment 451398
It's hard to tell from the video if there is a track on the south side of the southernmost platform.
No there is no track on the far south side, that platform connects directly into the PATH on the south side of Union Station. Your diagram looks to be about the same as what I saw.

View attachment 451399

View attachment 451398
Given the limitations presented by the support columns of the shed, any guesses on how they are going to configure the rest of the tracks and platforms to add platform width while eliminating the fewest number of tracks?

The stub track platform seems like it could become the new terminal for UP Express trains, after vacating its current location so that construction can start there on the Union Centre office tower.

Back