8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Goldie

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've recently been fascinated by 'signs' and am particularly fond of the exclamation: "That's a good sign!"

Good signs indeed!
Interesting to see another Cat's Paw sign (I think I posted one down the street from me in the window of an empty building) - an interesting brand in itself:

"Folks even claim it was Cat’s Paw that identified the bluchers worn by Amelia Earhart, as a pair of shoes found on the island Nikomaroro could be identified by the Cat’s Paw soles, or so NPR reports. And it appears as a clue in murder investigations, including the Waterbury, Conn. Irving Pasternack murder in 1974."

http://www.brandlandusa.com/2010/01/01/what-happened-to-cats-paw-heels

While not a sign in the printed sense it does suggest that misprints can be amusing too! This is from Montreal.

you-will-be-toad.jpg

Attachments

• you-will-be-toad.jpg
    you-will-be-toad.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 933
Thanks to all - I LIKE those! - especially the last - sharp edges, indeed!.

It wasn't until I began this minor interest in signs that I became aware of the fact that we are overwhelmed by signage.
Previously, I thought that TV commercials were the only bane of our existence, but I now recognize that we can look in no direction without being bombarded by 'signs.'
And without even venturing from the 'burbs to Yonge & Dundas, I find myself in a wonderland of mundane and graphic 'literature.'
Perhaps I'll travel downtown for an overdose!

Back