News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So not Toronto proper, but I figure there are some folks in Durham Region around here (or if you find yourself out this way): BanBan Korean Fried Chicken. They originally started as a call-ahead takeout only shop tucked away in a Filipino grocery store and have now expanded to proper restaurant spaces in Ajax and Oshawa.

I tried the latter location this past weekend and it's phenomenal. The chicken is super juicy and I truly don't know how they get their breading so crispy; not only crispy fresh-from-the-fryer but it stays super crispy even after being doused in sauce and taken home to eat. It's as good as anything I had while in Korea. The yangnyeom sauce is delicious and I'll definitely be going back to try some other flavours; one order is about 9-10 pcs and was plenty for two of us.

Anyway. It's off the beaten path for most of you I imagine, but I'd feel bad keeping this place a secret lol

@tstormers was just reminding me that I meant to share I'd been to his favourite dinner spot recently (KFC) and found out two things...........

1) They again have new fries..........and again, they suck. Honestly they taste like paper, not potato, what's that about? They're now almost shoe-string which is the wrong cut for fries that are supposed to sell gravy............

2) Speaking of gravy, KFC no longer has packets of vinegar available..........how American..........The one thing that could save KFC fries was if you gave their wallpaper paste flavour by adding packet of vinegar and 3 packets of black pepper.

Yum Brands continues to manage this chain into the ground........its lost so much marketshare.

Last edited:
@tstormers was just reminding me that I meant to share I'd been to his favour dinner spot recently (KFC) and found out two things...........

1) They again have new fries..........and again, they suck. Honestly they taste like paper, not potato, what's that about? They're now almost shoe-string which is the wrong cut for fries that are supposed to sell gravy............

2) Speaking of gravy, KFC no longer has packets of vinegar available..........how American..........The one thing that could save KFC fries was if you gave their wallpaper paste flavour by adding packet of vinegar and 3 packets of black pepper.

Yum Brands continues to manage this chain into the ground........its lost so much marketshare.

I had no idea this thread existed!! Thank you @Northern Light I don't disagree with the thoughts on the fries, though the gravy does cut through a lot of the paperness. I go for the 11 herbs and spices haha and the tasty skin/breading.

Haha now you've got me thinking about the original double down, with the sauce they had with it. Ugh. So good. Lol

@tstormers was just reminding me that I meant to share I'd been to his favourite dinner spot recently (KFC) and found out two things...........

Time to rename the restaurant company to a more accurate name:

Yuck Brands!

See here:

https://chatelaine.com/living/politics/companies-supporting-trump/ (jump to Taco Bell)

Back