8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
I will offer Urbia's vision for 104st/102ave (Fox II site).

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 11.23.02 PM.png

How about you?

That one project on 142 st and Stony plain rd which predated the West Block (Glenora Skyline)
The proposed Demolition of the Macdonald Hotel in the 1980s
That one 1970s concept of the Omniplex
The Metro (2005 proposal on the encore site)
That one weird tower at Southgate (late 2000s)
The Mcleod building Demolition (Late 1980s)
Some of the City hall Designs (Late 1980s)

I always assumed a big suburban box store (e.g. Superstore on Kingsway Ave) would have been planted near what is now Rogers Place. This rendering paints a better picture.

I do wonder where the downtown arena would have been constructed if this Superstore was opened? I'm sure the new arena would be either in The Quarters or where the Warehouse Park is supposed to be built. But whether the Katz Group would have built a similar-looking Ice District or not, who knows?

Not tearing down LeMarchard Mansion. I believe it was at risk of being demolished in the 70s, but a deal was made between the developer who purchased it and the city and LeMarchard Tower next to it was built instead, which resulted in the mansion being preserved and protected

Last edited:
I like the look of the tower itself but everything else about the project is a disaster.

That one project on 142 st and Stony plain rd which predated the West Block (Glenora Skyline)
The proposed Demolition of the Macdonald Hotel in the 1980s
That one 1970s concept of the Omniplex
The Metro (2005 proposal on the encore site)
That one weird tower at Southgate (late 2000s)
The Mcleod building Demolition (Late 1980s)
Some of the City hall Designs (Late 1980s)
05_Omniplex.jpg

HamptonHouse.jpg

Who has the massing/rendering of the wing-shaped tower on the east side of that parkade from about 10 yrs ago?

Back