PsaCCTVh.jpeg

wlxPuNYh.jpeg

FAMNntAh.jpeg

54dMpM6h.jpeg

HXya05sh.jpeg

SGGNUWLh.jpeg

q8m4VZOh.jpeg

c0B1DQ5h.jpeg

Do not like the 4 vehicle access/egress points for cars on George Street, too much clutter!

The mid-block 'street' should run straight from Main to George, with all vehicle access to buildings 1 and 2 off that new street, ideally, a 2-way public road.

Building 3 should have a single vehicle access point, roughly where it is currently proposed off-George, but with a much less impactful footprint.

Do not like the 4 vehicle access/egress points for cars on George Street, too much clutter!

The mid-block 'street' should run straight from Main to George, with all vehicle access to buildings 1 and 2 off that new street, ideally, a 2-way public road.

Building 3 should have a single vehicle access point, roughly where it is currently proposed off-George, but with a much less impactful footprint.
I largely agree, particularly with the multiple accesses off George which is a narrow street connecting to Hess Village. The “local” street fronting onto Main makes a bit more sense given the current state of Main, but the better fix is to reduce lanes and convert Main to 2-way than to introduce a window street.

I largely agree, particularly with the multiple accesses off George which is a narrow street connecting to Hess Village. The “local” street fronting onto Main makes a bit more sense given the current state of Main, but the better fix is to reduce lanes and convert Main to 2-way than to introduce a window street.

I agree w/the idea of the reduced width of Main, but I"m uncertain how that relates to the number of parking/drop-off access points?

If parking isn't eliminated (no objection here); but if it is not, then the access still has to go somewhere. I think pulling it off of the 'major streets' and onto an interior one is the best option given the proposal's basic conceits. (rough massing, and inclusion of parking)

This development has largely stopped. I'm curious if they are waiting for the upcoming two-way conversion of Main St which is supposed to happen next year in addition to the reduced parking minimums being proposed. I suspected elsewhere there may be a resubmission with fewer parking stalls, better design and more land utilization now that they can more easily provide fewer parking entrances with fewer parking stalls required.

Thought for sure this outfit would push forward on this site especially given the amount of development activity in the area and the prominence of this location. Maybe chump change for BGO, but I believe they put down in the range of 20-25MM for the land.

Thought for sure this outfit would push forward on this site especially given the amount of development activity in the area and the prominence of this location. Maybe chump change for BGO, but I believe they put down in the range of 20-25MM for the land.
I do think it's a result of changing landscape around the building. No parking minimums and a two way conversion mean a much simpler and therefore more profitable build here. I suspect resubmission with a design that reflects fewer parking stalls, and reduced complexity as a result of fewer garage entrances and proper entry/exit on Main St.

This lot would be perfect for a mini version of Toronto’s The Well.

Those surface roads ‘hidden’ between the buildings need to be replaced with pedestrian pathways, with retail/commercial and some climate protection.

Let’s hope for a total redesign here. It deserves so much better than the current design.

That saddens me a bit, thought the recent Fed incentive for purpose built rentals would spur them on.

This is at CoA: https://pub-hamilton.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=386470

Seems they have a much improved site plan with fewer driveways on George and fewer driveways overall. I haven't gone over the details yet to see if anything else has changed.

Edit: I do prefer the entrance being moved to Caroline, as well as the removal of the through drive, but I'm not in love with the site plan even still. I do not like the added entranceway onto Hess. The street could otherwise have potentially been pedestrian only if it wasn't for this driveway in the future. The city's lack of planning for this goal is unfortunate both here and on Hughson St in multiple places. I suppose best we could see is limited access maybe with a gate or retractable bollard one day.

The current plan also includes a lot of grass boulevard, and continues to push the sidewalk against the road. It should be against the building or just a wider sidewalk from the road to the building overall.
1000002208.png

Last edited:
I'm just happy to hear something regarding this development. Definitely an improvement at the street level in regards to the logistics.

I agree with you Ritsman, Hess is not the right spot for a garage entrance. I hope the city forces them to change that. I just went through the whole drawing set that you shared. This is looking very comprehensive. I wonder when we'll see this thing start construction. Might be sooner than we think.

Back