8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

christiesplits

Member Bio
Reaction score
The former hoisery factory is now the site of 124 rental units.

History of the site and development can be found here:
https://raisethehammer.org/article/2292/substantial_changes_to_220_dundurn_south_plan

yynpior.jpg

3pQ2l74.jpg

UsMvMR4.jpg

UYjUSBt.jpg

Loving that massive black box on top.

Well, at least a nice industrial building got restored.

Whatever is going on with that top floor (there's no way that is all mechanical space, so what is it?), it's a shame it couldn't have been set back somewhat from the existing brick masonry walls of the heritage building. I would think that is an obvious move.

Whatever is going on with that top floor (there's no way that is all mechanical space, so what is it?), it's a shame it couldn't have been set back somewhat from the existing brick masonry walls of the heritage building. I would think that is an obvious move.

Agreed, the top floor/mechanical is unfortunate.

It's not mechanical. I assume the developer got creative when the city balked at his 5 storey plan and set the maximum height at 3 storeys. The top floor are loft units with 2 storey heights. There's an acre or two of surface parking too.

Back