Calling the LRT a shuttle to Eastgate is so strange... If that's all it is, why is the B-Line at capacity? Why is everyone going to Eastgate specifically? The truth is they aren't, it's the stops, destinations and modal connections along the way. As mentioned it's the 'crosstown' trunk of our transit system. If it's so useless, we should demolish Main and King streets too.

As a fan of metro/subway systems though I wouldn't mind one in Hamilton.

Calling the LRT a shuttle to Eastgate is so strange... If that's all it is, why is the B-Line at capacity? Why is everyone going to Eastgate specifically? The truth is they aren't, it's the stops, destinations and modal connections along the way. As mentioned it's the 'crosstown' trunk of our transit system. If it's so useless, we should demolish Main and King streets too.

As a fan of metro/subway systems though I wouldn't mind one in Hamilton.
I was being more facetious than anything but sure hyperanalyze my statement lol - I 'm just so tired of this dragging on.

Hamilton does not need a subway. Nor does it need gondolas. These are just distractions to keep the ‘debate’ going when we should be talking about why we don’t have our promised rapid transit system after seventeen years of talk.

With the new HSR routes, we barely need the planned B-Line Tram.

Hamilton will likely end up with some sort of downgraded BRT for the B-Line (painted lanes, modern bus stops), and we’ll be reminded daily about all the infrastructure upgrades made along the way…

What Hamilton needs right now is for the HSR to put some of the new routes into action ASAP, like extending the 34 Upper Paradise to West Harbour GO. Routes that don’t require the new M&SF.

HSR also desperately needs to add a Barton Express route to the new plans and implement that ASAP!

And finally, the HSR needs to back off and let a competent transit operator run whatever rapid transit system we end up with.

Half the Councillors who voted for public operations (Francis, Jackson and Clark) want to kill the LRT project. Matthew Green played the same game back in 2017, which staff attributed to an 8 month delay to get the pre-qual out to market. The project may have been already under construction of that hadn’t happened.

I’m glad to see we have adults around the table, like Danko, M. Wilson and McMeekin, who actually want to get moving and make this a reality.

The LRT saga in Hamilton is the most bizarre sh*tshow since Rob Ford's handling of Transit City. Just build it. It'll improve your city.
There's still people posting the three same arguments:

1) Just use the money for other buses/electric buses

2) LRT is antiquated technology, cars are the future!

3) It'll cost too much, we should do BRT which can be removed later if it doesn't work, which it won't, because cars are superior.

There's still people posting the three same arguments:

1) Just use the money for other buses/electric buses

2) LRT is antiquated technology, cars are the future!

3) It'll cost too much, we should do BRT which can be removed later if it doesn't work, which it won't, because cars are superior.

This LRT project shouldn't move forward until they secure funding for the 403 bridge. The two 90° turns on Dundurn is a terrible idea.

This LRT project shouldn't move forward until they secure funding for the 403 bridge. The two 90° turns on Dundurn is a terrible idea.

As much as I hate the "Hayward S" on Waterloo Region's ION line, if they'd held out for negotiations with CN/CP to let them flank their transfer yard under Block Line we'd still be sitting here without an LRT. Sometimes the terrible idea is the only path forwards.

I cannot disagree enough. Honestly. At this point we need to just move forward. This thing has been delayed like 35 times and is honestly kind of on life support. If it doesn't go to RFP this year it's honestly probably not happening.
As much as I hate the "Hayward S" on Waterloo Region's ION line, if they'd held out for negotiations with CN/CP to let them flank their transfer yard under Block Line we'd still be sitting here without an LRT. Sometimes the terrible idea is the only path forwards.

We have to do this right the first time. If we construct this LRT line with the two 90° turns on Dundurn, we'll never construct the 403 bridge. The people of Hamilton will be stuck with a slow LRT that offers them no time savings compared with taking a city bus.

Back