King street is going to look like a war zone with all the demolitions scheduled. I wouldn’t be surprised if Metrolinx is planning to demolish 1/4 of the properties on the street.

Almost all of the buildings acquired and to be demolished are at stop locations or at the Belt Line railway crossing near Gage Avenue. There are a few along King at awkward curves, such as an apartment building on Holton Avenue, that are coming down as well. Most of the properties are in the lower-income East Hamilton area, which makes me a little worried that the affordable apartments taken out will not be replaced: the east side of Hamilton is still very working class, especially north of Main Street.

King street is going to look like a war zone with all the demolitions scheduled. I wouldn’t be surprised if Metrolinx is planning to demolish 1/4 of the properties on the street.
It seems that most of the mass of building demolitions have now already occured earlier, so the remainder of building demolitions is smaller than the number of buildings demolished already.

Instead, the war zone is the construction site to come, and the major bus & car traffic detours needed for all motorized transport.

Last edited:
^ It might not be well-worded or clear enough but apparently the role is for the Hamilton LRT and Hurontario LRT, as well as several BRTs like Dundas and Viva's. So if anyone here is going to apply it just means you get to be involved in more than one project :)

Back