News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

One of the worst neighbourhoods in Hamilton? Looking at these photos, I would neve rhave guessed. Just show how little I know, eh? Great photos.

I don't think this neighbourhood is that bad. Parts of it around King and Cannon are. Beasley, just to the west, is probably the worst, and could definitely be called crack central. Landsdale is looking a lot better recently, probably because it has a better quality of housing stock than the neighbourhoods east and north.

I am curious of everyones opinion on this neighbourhood now almost 2 years since this last post in this thread. I just purchased a house in this area and I am not from Hamilton or the area. Some insight into what I might expect... BTW my house is on Steven St.

Thanks!

I just came upon this thread while looking for information on my neighbourhood in Hamilton, which turns out to be Landsdale (I live on West Ave.). I've rented here for two years now and overall it's not too bad. There's a lot of petty crime -- I've had a couple of bikes stolen and our neighbour had his front window smashed last summer. But there are signs of improvement lately. On West at least, many of the rentals are being converted back into single-family dwellings. My fiance and I have been looking at homes for sale in the area and our impression is you can get a whole lot of beautiful/potentially beautiful house for not a lot of money.

The one other thing we've found is insurance rates are comparatively high here. There have been two fires on our block alone in the past 8 months. Not sure if there's a correlation.

How have you found your experience on Steven?

AlexandraPalace:

So far I really like it here. My neighbours are great, and its not too bad here either. I was worried at first about the area from what i have read on here, however I have not found it to be as bad as it is written, there are some iffy neighbours and a few incidents, over the past 2 years, but its quiet over here and its a place to start and I own a house, which I would not have been able to do if I chose another city!

Landsdale

I just came upon this thread while looking for information on my neighbourhood in Hamilton, which turns out to be Landsdale (I live on West Ave.). I've rented here for two years now and overall it's not too bad. There's a lot of petty crime -- I've had a couple of bikes stolen and our neighbour had his front window smashed last summer. But there are signs of improvement lately. On West at least, many of the rentals are being converted back into single-family dwellings. My fiance and I have been looking at homes for sale in the area and our impression is you can get a whole lot of beautiful/potentially beautiful house for not a lot of money.

The one other thing we've found is insurance rates are comparatively high here. There have been two fires on our block alone in the past 8 months. Not sure if there's a correlation.

How have you found your experience on Steven?

*****Hey there, I'm thin king about buying in Landsdale area, on Tisdale st. I've never lived in Hamilton so I'm not really sure. You got any advice or opinions for me? Would be greatly appreciated!
Also, I love the Photos!! And all that brick!

Back