News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Best wishes to everyone here for Thanksgiving.

I hope (responsibly) that you're all getting to enjoy a nice dinner; and some family time this weekend.

Here, its down to me and the GF only this year (normally would be larger).

But I'm not going to let that knock-back my menu; some people will be getting full meals delivered.

Tonight's menu:

Roasted, Curried, Pumpkin Soup, pureed smooth, with a dash of cilantro oil across the top.

A salad of Red Boston Lettuce, Oak Leaf Lettuce, Frisee, Variegated Radicchio, Watermelon Radish, Shaved Red Onion, and vine-ripened grape tomato, tossed in a champagne-vinaigrette.

Roasted Turkey Breast; and Roasted Carrot and Onion in with same.

Scratch-made gravy, from roasted Turkey back, and neck, onion, carrot, shitake mushroom, aged balsamic, a hint of Riesling, and chicken stock, reduced for 4 hours.

Creamy Mashed Potato w/butter, fresh chives, and roasted garlic

Chorizo-sage and onion stuffing

Haricot Verts (the thin green beans) lightly sauteed in butter

Tonight's wines: Cave Spring Reisling for the app; and Muga Rioja for the main.

That sounds outstanding - do you offer multiple seatings? :)

Seriously, Happy Thanksgiving all.

In a non-pandemic year........another chair can always be found. :)

This year; after meals have gone out............. (which they have).

There is still leftover turkey, gravy, stuffing.

I'm afraid the beans and the carrots have vanished; the soup is all spoken for too.

There are no assembled salads; but all the constituent parts remain. (plus extra dressing)

You're a bit far for delivery though, LOL 🤣

Sounds delicious NL - your own recipe?

At this point, everything is my own............but other recipes have been jumping off points over the years.

Sage-Onion stuffing is a common one.............but when I first saw a recipe that put Chorizo in stuffing..............I instantly wondered whether I could meld the two. ( I liked the result).

Likewise pumpkin soup isn't rare, even a curried variant isn't uncommon............though mine now has a unique blend of seasoning I enjoy; and the Cilantro oil was my touch totally.

Cooking is one of my passions...............so whether I take inspiration directly from a recipe, a tv show or a meal I had a restaurant..........its just a place to start (with full credit those whose cooking inspires me!)

I also get inspired by ingredients and techniques..........(using a smoke gun to infuse smoke into something)......or Persian smoked rice at St. Lawrence Market......

Last edited:

Back