AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
New upcoming development for 1736-1746 Weston Road, which is the SW corner with Wilby Crescent. It's also across the street for a parking lot and entrance to the Weston GO/UP Express station.

Hickory Tree Tower

1736-1746 Weston Road, Toronto ON
Planning & Approval
270 Condominium Units
GFA 250,000 sq. ft.

Hickory Tree Tower is a 25-story residential/retail building that will fit harmoniously within the existing context of tall buildings along the Weston Road corridor in Toronto. The development site is steps from Union-Pearson train station and a short 14-minute train ride to downtown core. The Weston Road corridor is recognized by the City of Toronto as a potential location for residential intensification.

A1development_weston.jpg

Current view of the site:

westo.JPG

I'll be shocked if this gets built as currently proposed, looks way to good to be true.

*Docs are up*

1647734177101.png

1647733951363.png

No additional renders beyond what's posted above.

Landscape Plan is solid, trees in good conditions, but nothing visually exciting to post.

New renderings are updated in the database. The total storey count increased from 25 storeys to 40 storeys. Total height changed from 84.70m to 136.79m. The unit count changed from 253 units to 446 units. Total parking changed from 108 parking to 139 parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning:

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 7  2023-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 7  2023-42.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 7  2023-43.jpg

I'll be shocked if this gets built as currently proposed, looks way to good to be true.
Ah there we go we're getting back to reality, now we just need one more revision (which i'm sure is coming soon enough) and we'll be back to our regular bland Toronto scheduled programming.

There's some potential with the shape and profile of the tower, but it's pretty disastrous when looking closely at the details of this spandrel turd-fest.

Back