So i'm curious, whens the deadline for this? Work is on going and I thought the construction for the elevated segment was tendered and is planned.

Would this be some kind of hybrid of the elevated project and the loop?
I don't think these 2 ideas supercede eachother:
1643216316626.png

The elevated section is the 3 way junction between Robert Speck and MCC (Don't forget that MCC will be served by a spur). The loop is simply just an extension of spur that loops back around on itself to Burnhamthorpe.

Elevated-Guideway.jpg

So i'm curious, whens the deadline for this? Work is on going and I thought the construction for the elevated segment was tendered and is planned.

Would this be some kind of hybrid of the elevated project and the loop?

The loop would probably be a separate tender. I think they cost would be oppressive doing it as a contract change. There is an opportunity to tender it during construction of the current work and see if the contractor submit a discounted bid since they're already on site.

I suspect it would be packaged with Brampton's extension.

I don't think these 2 ideas supercede eachother:
View attachment 376859
The elevated section is the 3 way junction between Robert Speck and MCC (Don't forget that MCC will be served by a spur). The loop is simply just an extension of spur that loops back around on itself to Burnhamthorpe.

Elevated-Guideway.jpg
How did I just learn this today?? Am I that delusional, because the maps always showed a straight line on Hurontario.

^ I don't think the civil engineering drawings showing this have been asded to the HuLRT Metrolinx page for the project. There are other drawings for the project but I don't think the most recent ones are provided.

How did I just learn this today?? Am I that delusional, because the maps always showed a straight line on Hurontario.
That one long sleep you had as it was in the EA process one way or another and removed by Ford to reduce cost. It was never a straight line like it should be with a new transit hub next to Hurontario or in the north east corner of Sq One like the one I being calling for the last 15 years.. The idea of using City Centre as a route been around since the land use study was done early 2005's

The loop is going to waste people travel time like the buses do today unless you have every 2/3rd train bypass the loop/Sq One. Since there is a station at Robert Speck, those who want to shop at the mall still can with a shorter walking distance.

The loop is on the city dime with the feds providing something.

It would be nice if Walmart was blown up and a new entrance to the mall was made for easy access from the Robert speck parkway lrt stop.

If you look closely at the official project maps, it shows City Centre as this diverging point that strays off Hurontario. This is what this divergence represents
1643235565171.png

That one long sleep you had as it was in the EA process one way or another and removed by Ford to reduce cost. It was never a straight line like it should be with a new transit hub next to Hurontario or in the north east corner of Sq One like the one I being calling for the last 15 years.. The idea of using City Centre as a route been around since the land use study was done early 2005's

The loop is going to waste people travel time like the buses do today unless you have every 2/3rd train bypass the loop/Sq One. Since there is a station at Robert Speck, those who want to shop at the mall still can with a shorter walking distance.

The loop is on the city dime with the feds providing something.
I wonder if they can maybe do something similar to what YRT does with Viva Blue 'A' and have a rush hour service that avoids MCC, similarly to how that avoids RHC. Of course the difference being that the Viva route exists because the vast majority of riders are funneling to Finch Station, meanwhile Hurontario might not have a station with the same pull other than maybe Port Credit, making the case for such a route a bit weaker. I do absolutely agree though that the most logical implementation would've been to have the transit hub directly at Hurontario.

I do have to ask though, for a while there have been plans to link the two ends of the Mississauga Transitway with a downtown tunnel. Now I haven't seen any documents to how this tunnel would look like: what stations will exist, how far apart will they be, the alignment, so I'm wondering if it might be possible to have a station directly at Hurontario, either at Robert Speck or as a new infill station at Rathburn, where you can build it up as a major RT transfer point that's located away from the main bus terminal? If you can divert a lot of the transfer traffic to that station, then you can probably justify needing less service on the loop, and have more direct "stay on Hurontario" service.

Keep in mind that this is just a shot in the dark, if this is a terrible idea I understand.

Looks like the track work will take place as plan in Feb. Be able to get Drone shots during this time.

Lakeshore West – Some weekend train service replaced by buses in February​
Lakeshore West customers: There will be temporary service changes to Lakeshore West train service after 11:45 p.m. on February 5 and all-day February 6 and again on February 13-14. These scheduled impacts are designed to minimize disruptions to weekday service. There will be no train service between Union Station and Oakville GO during these impacts. We’re carrying out important work related to the construction of the Hurontario LRT which can only take place when trains are not running. Please plan ahead so you know what your transit options are.​

Looks like the track work will take place as plan in Feb. Be able to get Drone shots during this time.

Lakeshore West – Some weekend train service replaced by buses in February​

Lakeshore West customers: There will be temporary service changes to Lakeshore West train service after 11:45 p.m. on February 5 and all-day February 6 and again on February 13-14. These scheduled impacts are designed to minimize disruptions to weekday service. There will be no train service between Union Station and Oakville GO during these impacts. We’re carrying out important work related to the construction of the Hurontario LRT which can only take place when trains are not running. Please plan ahead so you know what your transit options are.​
Now I just need some cooperative weather. January has been horrific with wind, freezing temps and precipitation.

Now I just need some cooperative weather. January has been horrific with wind, freezing temps and precipitation.
Know what you mean. Every time I want to go out and do some shooting, it been too cold, even with a car when I had access to one.. May drop by the site on Sunday if I have time after shooting some other stuff If I make it out.

Me too but it actually makes sense. I always wondered how switching from an at-grade loop to an elevated structure saved money

Back